Bosch HBN5650UC 27 in. Electric Cooktop Reviews

Bosch HBN5650UC 27 in. Electric Cooktop

$2,609.10
Free Shipping AJ Madison

Oddball oven. Tough to use.

Sep 12, 2009
Not yet rated

Pros:Decent looking.  Works well on one temp: high broil.

Cons:No precision with respect to temperature.

The Bottom Line: I cannot recommend this oven because it is too finnicky and it is diffcult use when performing basic baking or roasting tasks.

BOSCH 27" 500 series built-in double oven w/convection

We purchased this oven when looking for a powerful convection oven that would fit in our 27" space.  The Bosch was good looking, powerful and had a decent price point, relative to Thermador and Wolf.

This is a problem that has been plaguing me with this oven:

When baking, roasting or generally using the oven, if I raise the temperature WITHOUT OPENING THE OVEN DOOR, the display panel tells me that the oven's internal temperature is much lower.  For instance, when baking a pie at 375 (after waiting for the temperature to reach 375) and, after a couple of minutes, raising the temp to 385, the oven immediately LOWERS the temperature to 340 before raising the temp up to 385 FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER! How can you cook like this?

Also, it is difficult to clean the oven using anything but the default setting for cleaning.  Trying to clean on a longer cycle does not work.

Finally, when the oven was delivered, the glass panes had finger smudges ON THE INSIDE of the panes.  After several calls and days of trying get it cleaned, we gave up and just figured that the oven will get dirty enough, soon enough.  But the point here is, if the craftsmanship is this sloppy on what we can see, what must it be like where we can't.

Wish I'd never bought the thing.

Bosch Stainless Steel Double Wall Oven HBN5650UC. Ergonomic retractable dials combined with Touch Control on glass with an amber full text display. 4....
AJ Madison