-17%
Bronze Twigz Suction Cup Kitchen Sink Sponge Holder Cradle Soap Dish Kitchen Decor Reviews

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com
+$7.00 shipping BeallsFlorida.com

Stylish Kitchen Sponge Holder

Jun 26, 2012 (Updated Jun 26, 2012)

Pros:Very attractive, sponges stick well, keeps sponges off counter top

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: I love this holder!  A great addition to my new kitchen.

My husband and I lived in our first home for 28 years and our kitchen cabinets have always had tip outs in front of the sink.  A tip out makes great storage out of those false drawer fronts located in front of a sink.

Tip outs have handles that match the other cabinets, and when you pull them down the tip out pulls out to about a 45 degree angle.  They are lined with a triangular shaped insert that holds sponges, scrubbers, kitchen brushes and other small items that you don't want sitting on your counter.  I've been spoiled by always having them and I miss them!

Our new home does not have custom built in tip outs and I wasn't sure what to do with my dish scrubbers.  When I saw the selection of InterDesign Twigz products at my local Fred Meyer store I knew these would be perfect.

The Twigz Suction Cup Kitchen Sink Sponge Holder Cradle Soap Dish was only sold in the bronze color, but the contractor mixed silver and bronze in our home, so it blends in nicely.  (My sink and faucet are stainless steel, but my lighting fixtures are bronze).

This is a handy holder that measures 4 1/4'' by 2'' by 2 3/4''  It has a whimsical filigree design with vines and leaves and is quite open so air gets to a sponge and dries it quickly.  There are two large clear colored suction cups on the back that adhere to any flat surface.  The packaging states you can stick it on "glass, tile, fiber glass, metal, etc."

My counter and back splash are made of a solid surface material similar to Corian, and I can adhere this to the back splash or the inside of my stainless steel sink, it sticks to both.  (The suction cups need to be moistened first to get the most out of them).

The package doesn't say what this is made of, but it looks like powder coated steel.  It works well and I like it better than a soap dish because it doesn't take up counter space.  If I place a wet Brillo pad in this holder then I will move it to the inside of my sink so I don't get drips on my counter top.  It's large enough to hold a standard sponge or a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  It looks classy and upscale and fits in with the metal wall grills and sconces that are so popular today.

The product is made by InterDesign, Inc, a company based in Solon Ohio, but the package says it is made in China.  It retailed for around $9.00.

You can elevate and air dry your sponge or soap with this InterDesign Twig Sink Cradle. Air is designed to circulate through the item. It comes with t...
Interdesign offers an innovative storage solution with this sink cradle that is made of powder coated bronze steel and features two suction cups. Meas...
BeallsFlorida.com