Pros: No Pros
Cons: ALL CONS
Changed from a sole-proprietorship to incorporation. They closed out the old account and started the new. The old PAYCHEX account was supposed to close out end of 4th Quarter 2008 and begin the new in the begining of the 1st QTR of 2009. Well they didn't close out the old account till the end of the 1st QTR of 2009 and ran payroll, submitted taxes, w/h, unemployment...and didn't start the new account until the middle of the 1st QTR 2009. Meanwhile, sending double paychecks to our employees and taking out double the tax. They are a pain in the butt to work with customer service sucks, they give you the run arounds, the payroll specailists don't want to take respondsiblity and neither do thier supervisors. They lost the paperwork with our CRN on it. Then on top of not wanting to reslove the issue, we get a letter in the mail from the state of maryland requesting a hearing due to deliquent all of 2008 W/H payments and pentalities and interest because of. WTF!? PAYCHEX takes money out of our account to pay and file these things on time. They are worthless. I trust them non. I am going to drop them as soon as these issues are sorted out. The problem is they don't want to take any respondsiblity. I think I am going to have to get a lawyer involed. Because of them the State and IRS are confused. I wish and hope they get an audit by both because I sure as hell am going to request that they do. Thier supervisors never answer the phone or give call backs. The payroll specailists don't want to do anything more then what they normaly have to do. I even faxed them all the forms that need to be filled out AND i even filled most of the blanks out of them. They STILL don't have the respectablity to fill the rest out or to fax a copy back per my request. Bunch of lazy folks over there, can't fulfil simple requests. In the end if you want more headaches then worth, give PAYCHEX a call at (410) 581-7700!!!! and speak with any incompetent employee available!!
In summary: CONS
1. They don't submit all your W/H taxes on time [You accur interest and penalties]
2. They can't follow and understand simple directions [such as: old account and payroll along with it ends the end of the 4th QTR of the year...New account and new payroll begins at the start of the 1st QTR of the new year]
3. They sometimes take double payroll out of your account and double taxes
4. Each invioce they bill you is different amounts every month, even when nothing has changed [you know because of salary employees...]
5. They mess you up with the State and IRS
6. Horrible customer service
7. Nobody wants to take respondsibility for mess-up nor does any body want to fix them nor does anybody want to keep you informed of how they are resolving issues'
8. You send faxes, they claim they never recieve them, you verify fax number, they confirm, they still don't seem to recieve them even though your fax confrims it reciepts
9. Can't get a hold of anybody including supervisors, you leave message, they call you back at 5pm hoping your not in the office and when you answer they can't help you till the next day because thier day is over and nobody is in to really get things resloved. Same thing every time.
10. They don't respond to state requests
11. They loose important documents regarding the start up of your business
12. The list goes on and on.... REALLY...