California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil is flavorful and easy to find.

Jul 17, 2013

Pros:flavorful, easy to find, reasonable price

Cons:can't be used for cooking

The Bottom Line: I have been totally impressed with this extra virgin olive oil and I will definitely be buying it again in the future!

I'm Italian and cook mostly Italian-style meals in my home for both weekday dinners for the two of us and for football parties of twenty.  Being a good little Italian girl, I've always used extra virgin olive oil in my cooking but I never really understood why I had to do so.  Oil tasted like oil tasted like oil...

...until I visited Estiatorio Milos in Las Vegas back in March and had the best olive oil I've ever tasted in my thirtysomething years.  I paid a whopping $40 for a 750 mL bottle of their olive oil and finished it in like two months.  It isn't available online and I don't plan to return to Las Vegas any time soon (or ever), so I knew that I'd have to just try different olive oils until I found something that was just as flavorful.  I found it in California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

About This Product

California Olive Ranch Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil
is, as the name implies, made from California-grown olives.  They are cold-pressed within hours of being picked and this particular product is the result of the first olive press which is the most flavorful.  This oil is packaged in 25.4 fluid ounce (750 mL) bottles that are made out of green glass which are designed to keep it fresh for a longer period of time.  According to other remarks and notations on the label of the bottle, it is supposed to made from sustainably-grown olives that aren't genetically modified.

This product is widely available in this area in local grocery stores: A&P, Stop and Shop, Shop Rite, Pathmark, Wegman's, Whole Foods, and even Walmart.  I paid $10 for my bottle of this olive oil.

My Experience

I've been using this California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the past couple of weeks in my kitchen and I am totally impressed! It has a strong and delicious fruity olive oil flavor that I enjoy poured over just plain grilled bread.  It is amazing in salad dressings and dipping oils for bread, vegetables, etc.  This oil has the same strong and yummy flavor that I fell in love with that extra-expensive type of olive oil and it is 1/4 the price!

Because this is a highly-flavored first-press extra virgin olive oil, I wouldn't recommend it for marinating, frying, deep-frying, or even saute-ing.  The flavor will break down when it is exposed to high heat so it is best used on things that have already been cooked or won't ever be cooked.

It was such a nice surprise to find this amazing extra virgin olive oil in my local grocery store for such a nice price.  I definitely plan to buy and keep it in my kitchen in the future because it is so incredibly delicious.  It is a must-have in my book!

Overall Opinion

This is an excellent and flavorful extra-virgin olive oil that is wonderful on cooked dishes, in salad dressings, and even just on plain grilled bread.  I am totally in love with it and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a delicious olive oil at a reasonable price.