Canon PIXMA MG6120 All-In-One Inkjet Printer Reviews

Canon PIXMA MG6120 All-In-One Inkjet Printer

MG6120 - Great printer!

Jul 28, 2011

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Wireless connection, ease of setting it up, print speed, print quality.

Cons:Sometimes takes a long time to get going.

The Bottom Line: Highly recommended if you can get it at or below the price I paid. Has all the bells and whistles for few $$.

I had to buy a new printer because my 4 yr. old Pixma MP600 went south; got a "paper jam" error message one morning when I turned it on, and there was no paper jam. Multiple processes, including those suggested by Canon tech support rep., failed to solve the problem.  Cost to fix: $100 (per the tech at PC Direct), so decided to buy a new one.

Despite this printer crapping out after only 4 years (and it was rarely used), Canon has the highest reliability ratings and I've always found them to be the fastest to print, so decided to get another Canon.  After researching their current printers, I settled on the MG6120, which I bought at Staples (in July).  It is normally $199, but was on sale for $130.

I've only had the printer for about a week, but I'm already smitten with it.  It's similar to my former MP600, with the following exceptions: (A) It's a REALLY sophisticated photo printer; uses 6 (not a misprint) cartridges. The MP600 used 5.  This printer adds a gray cartridge. (B) It has wireless capability build in.  So I upgraded my printing capabilities with this new printer.

Setting up the wireless connect is done mostly via the LCD on the printer, followed by finishing up using the CD that comes with it.  I had 0 problems with the process.  However, I have a small business fixing people's computer problems and provide tech support to a number of friends and clients, so what may have seemed straight forward to me may not to the less computer savvy.

Operating System: Windows

The unique Canon PIXMA MG6120 printer is multi-functional and provides high performance by taking advantage of its six ink system. The Intelligent Tou...