Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set, Widescreen Deluxe Edition) Reviews

Smell that chocolate

Aug 12, 2005
Rated Show

Pros:Johnny Depp, chocolate

Cons:Oompa Loompas and songs

Now with this movie, I swear to God they were pumping the smell of Chocolate into the theatre. There were many scenes with the, mmm, creamy chocolate and I swear I smelled it in the air. As soon as I got out of that movie I had to get some frikkin' chocolate.
The story follows the book more than the old movie with Gene Wilder. I was more please with this story because it delved more into the life of Willy Wonka and how he came to be. Johnny's acting suprised me far from pirates of the Carribean. All in all it was a good remake.

Who better to bring Roald Dahl's adored children's story to life than the mastermind behind inventive films like EDWARD SCISSORHANDS and BEETLEJUICE? ...