Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (DVD, 2007, Canadian; Decades Collection) Reviews

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (DVD, 2007, Canadian; Decades Collection)

Special Edition Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is a Blast!!

Dec 27, 2003
Rated Show

Pros:Great DVD, Great Extras, Great Acting, Great musical numbers, everything about this movie is great!!!

Cons:That Hollywood does not make these great family musicals any more.

I just finished viewing the special collector's edition DVD of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (CCBB) and my 10 year old daughter LOVED it!! I had told her it was one of my favorite movies as a kid and she was glued to the TV for the entire nearly 2-1/2 hours. The next morning she spent another couple of hours going through the extras found in the collectors edition. If you are considering buying the DVD, buy the collectors edition, the extras are certainly worth the $19.99 Santa paid for it this Christmas.

As far as the acting, Dick Van Dyke and Sally Ann Howe were perfect in the lead roles. The kids are great, too. I remember being scared of the Child Catcher as a kid and seeing him again at the age 41 invokes those same memories. If you are looking for a GREAT family film, CCBB is it!!

Van Dyke's charming as a daydreaming inventor who fixes up an old jalopy and, with the vivid imaginations of his two children and a lady friend, it is...