Christopher Adams 1600 Thread Count Queen Size Sheet Set in Rusted Sunset

Christopher Adams Eqyptian Comfort 1600 TC sheets.

Dec 18, 2012

Pros:soft, wrinkle free

Cons:none for me

The Bottom Line: "All the Japanese with their yen The party boys call the Kremlin And the Chinese know  They walk the line like Egyptian"
~Bangles

I've often been told that a lie doesn't have to be bold-faced to still be a lie. If you simply omit saying something, in order not to hurt someone's feelings, it is still a lie, albeit mostly to yourself. With that in mind, I omitted telling Diane that her purchase of what she termed "a real deal" wasn't what she thought it was. I'm referring to her purchase of Christopher Adams Eqyptian Comfort 1600 TC sheets.

I had purchased a 600 TC set of sheets somewhere, fully knowing they weren't cotton but a polyester blend. It was for a special occasion [we were having company and I wanted my bed to look fancy] and I knew they weren't going to be used as everyday sheets, but I had yet run across a nice set of 800 TC cotton sheets that would fit my new mattress. Diane, in all her wisdom, purchased those Christopher Adams 1600 TC sheets for my bed, thinking she had pulled quite a rabbit out of her hat. What she failed to notice, or didn't even realize, is that they are called Egyptian Comfort, not cotton, which is really a trademark name. They are actually a microfiber which is what? A polyester?

Of course the major difference being in how the thread is actually constructed. A true Eqyptian Cotton thread is a single-ply, long thread, whereas these are really 2-4 short threads twisted together to form a long thread.

They are extremely soft, I will give them that, and completely wrinkle free. The cotton 800 TC sheets we had purchased previously seemed to wrinkle up at the top of the flat sheet and the pillow cases were just unbearable. No amount of ironing corrected the problem, even using steam or a damp cloth.

I've used these Christopher Adams sheets now for about two months. To date I have noticed no piling, which is a bane of lower thread count sheets. The pockets are extremely deep which is helpful since my mattress is 16" deep. The fitted sheet is elastic all around the perimeter, which snugs it down under the entire mattress surface. Fortunately there is a slight stripe in the design that lets me know I have it facing in the right direction before I start trying to force it on the mattress only to discover I have it side-ways. Despite repeated washings, they have held up very well with no seam splitting or wayward threads.

I have seen some people complain that they snagged the sheets while sleeping, apparently from rough heels or elbows. I have noticed no snags in the fabric but maybe I'm softer than those people were. Overall you get what you pay for and seeing as this queen-size sheet set ran only about $25, really what can you expect? When we purchased our 800 TC sheets a few years ago, we got them for $25 on sale, but that was just for the flat; an additional $25 got you the fitted and $50 got a pair is pillow cases. And those things wrinkle, but, then again, they are cotton and not microfiber.

I really can't complain, they have held up well. Just pay attention to the wording when you are purchasing something.

By the way, I didn't get the Rusted Sunset, I got white.    There are about 10 colors available by this manufacturer but I didn't see any sense in adding yet another item to the database, simply because of color.

thanks,
Susi

Christopher Adams 1600 Thread Count Queen Size Sheet Set in CAMEL GOLD

Christopher Adams 1600 Thread Count Queen Size Sheet Set in CAMEL GOLD

Christopher Adams 1600 Thread Count Queen Size Sheet Set in CAMEL GOLD luxury - Most orders ship in 3 to 4 business days. - R1
Christopher Adams 1600 Thread Count King Size Sheet Set in Mocha Cinnamon

Christopher Adams 1600 Thread Count King Size Sheet Set in Mocha Cinnamon

Christopher Adams 1600 Thread Count King Size Sheet Set in Mocha Cinnamon. Enjoy a cool and comfortable night's sleep with exceptionally breathable sh...

Christopher Adams 1600 Thread Count California King Size Sheet Set in Dark Navy Blue. Enjoy a cool and comfortable night's sleep with exceptionally br...