Linksys E3200 300 Mbps 4-Port Gigabit Wireless N Router Reviews

GAMERS BEWARE

Oct 26, 2011
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:Sleek

Cons:Not reliable
Bad for gamers
Usually will not last more than a few months

The Bottom Line: Horrible for online gaming

These routers are awful. I have gone through two of these "powerful machines" in only a small six month period. I should also mention the fact that these routers are simply awful for anyone wishing to perform online gaming on an xbox 360 or a ps3.

This router will change your online gaming NAT type nearly every time you turn it off. Any gamers who dont know, your NAT type is the determining factor in what other gamers you are allowed to connect to.

Open connects to everyone
Moderate to other Moderate NAT types or Open
Strict can only connect to people on a Open Nat type.

When this router is first set up it is fast, sleek, and reliable. After a few weeks it slows down greatly and if it shuts off at any point you will lose your open NAT type and gain either a Strict or Moderate NAT type.

The only real advantage to having this router is simply looks. After purchasing this item you have attained a sleek, aerodynamic, paper weight. I would not recommend this product to anyone who uses performs any online gaming or needs to have swift, reliable Internet access.

Do not buy this product unless you are looking for an extreme set of problems.

Driver Availability: Don''t Know

Security WEP, WPA, WPA2 WPA/WPA2 WPA2 WAN Ports 1 x 10/100/1000M WAN 4 x 10/100/1000M LAN LEDs Power, Ethernet (1-4) Modulation 802.11b CCK, QPSK, BPS...
Newegg.com

Listing Returns Policy FAQ Sales Tax About us Store Frequently Asked Questions Question: Do you have more information about this product? Answer: Unfo...