Clairol Prof Second Nature ozany Listed Color Reviews

Clairol Prof Second Nature ozany Listed Color

1 consumer review

Fix Hair Color Mistakes with Clairol Professional Second Nature Corrective Color

Aug 5, 2011 (Updated Apr 6, 2012)

Pros:When color is carefully chosen and meticulously applied it's very effective as a color correcter.

Cons:First time users and those with limited hair coloring experience may encounter difficulties.

The Bottom Line: Highly recommended for the experienced hair color user.  With careful application and color choice it works extremely well and doesn't cause further damage to the hair.

If coloring my hair gives me unsatisfactory results I take action to remedy the situation.  For correcting hair coloring mistakes I use Clairol Professional Second Nature Corrective Hair Color.  When used carefully I get a hair color that looks and feels great!

*Note that the epinion link for this product does not lead you to a specific Second Nature color.  The linked retailer allows you to choose any color you wish.  I've used a few different colors of the product and will give you my general opinion and views regarding usage.

The Product

Clairol Professional Second Nature No Lift Corrective Color is a "2-in-1" corrective hair coloring product designed for correcting hair coloring mistakes.  It can also be used for blending gray hairs and general coloring purposes.  It's considered a 2-in-1 coloring product because it can be mixed as a permanent or semi-permanent hair color.  For long lasting permanent results Second Nature is mixed with a 20 volume creme developer.  Mixing it with a 10 volume creme developer will achieve semi-permanent results.  Second Nature hair colors are to be mixed on a 1:1 ratio, use equal amounts of the color with your choice of developer.  One bottle of Second Nature Corrective Color contains 2 oz. of liquid product.  Depending on hair length and/or coloring technique more or less may be needed.

Second Nature Hair coloring products provide a no-lift color.  They only deposit color, they won't lighten the hair.

These hair coloring products are intended for professional use only.  However, they can be purchased by an unlicensed individual at many beauty supply stores and on-line retailers.  There are 19 individual colors in the Second Nature hair coloring line.  The colors are inter-mixable which is very helpful for the attainment of a precise color.

Ingredients vary and formulas often change.  Hair coloring products contain chemicals.  If you're prone to sensitivities don't use it.

I've never experienced scalp irritation or any other problems while using this product or after using it.  I do have issues with eczema on various areas of my scalp but this product has never aggrevated it.  Now if I had open sores on my scalp, common sense would tell me not to use it!

My Experience using Second Nature Corrective Colors

I've been coloring my hair for a little over 20 years.  During this time I've had the occasional hair coloring blunder - too dark, too light, or just not right.  I've used Second Nature Corrective Color on several occasions for corrective coloring purposes only.  I don't use it for monthly hair color maintenance.

After a recent coloring that left my hair too light and brassy I decided to correct the problem with Clairol Professional Second Nature Hair Color in 4N Light Neutral Brown.  For Permanent hair color results I mixed the 2 oz. bottle with an equal amount of 20 volume creme developer.  After donning a pair of disposable gloves and sectioning my hair I applied the color mixture to the roots of the hair. Once all of the hair root area was covered I applied the color mixture to the remainder of my hair.  I have mid-length fine thin hair that falls just past my shoulders.  The total 4 oz. color mix was more than sufficient for coloring my hair.  The amount of color mix needed can vary depending on the corrective situation.  I chose to apply the mix to all of my hair.

Once the Second Nature Corrective coloring mix is applied to the desired area that's when things might get a little complicated.  YOU have to decide how long to leave the coloring mix on your hair.  Since Clairol Second Nature No Lift Corrective color is considered a professional product the label on the bottle contains very limited directions.  Every corrective coloring situation is unique so there is no way the manufacturer can determine how long the product needs to remain on the hair. The manufacturer does NOT list how long the product should be left on the hair.

With my most recent use of the Second Nature Corrective Color I left the coloring mixture on my hair no longer than 12 minutes.  Prior to using it my hair was a dark golden blonde.  After using Second Nature No Lift Color 4N Light Neutral Brown my hair is a medium brown.  From past experiences in using the product I can tell you with certainty that my color would've been close to dark brown if I had left the color mix on for longer than 20 minutes.  And I can also tell you that Second Nature Dark Neutral Blonde is capable of producing a medium brown color if left on the hair for too long.

Concerns Regarding Color Results

The first time I used Clairol Professional Second Nature No Lift Corrective Color my resulting hair color was much darker than expected.  I made the mistake of choosing a color based on the name of the color and I left it on my hair for too long.  As a no-lift hair color it doesn't need a lot of time on the hair because it doesn't lift (lighten) the color of the hair.  When selecting a color I always chose one that is lighter than what I want my hair to look like.  Light Brown gives me a medium brown result, dark blonde always gives me a light brown.  Choosing a color that has an N following the color level number (4N) insures that I obtain neutral toned results.  Second Nature Corrective Colors with V result in an ashy toned color, and G colors have a golden tone.

Using Clairol Professional Second Nature No Lift Hair coloring products has not caused any further damage to my hair.  The overall feel of my hair actually feels better and softer after using the hair color.

Like most hair coloring products, Second Nature does have a tendency to fade in color.  If the product is mixed as a semi-permanent color of course fading will occur.  I've only used the Second Nature as a permanent color, mixing it with a 20 volume developer.  The color fading that I've experienced has been minimal.  I use strong dandruff shampoos that likely contribute to the fading issue.

When using the Clairol Professional Second Nature Corrective Coloring product my primary concerns are color choice and how long to leave it on my hair.  With hair coloring experience and good judgment a satisfactory color result can be achieved.

My Hair Color Results

I'm very satisfied with the color and feel of my hair after using Clairol Professional Second Nature No Lift Corrective Color.  Using the Light Neutral Brown shade gave my hair a nice rich brown color that has a warm tone.  My hair is darker, no longer brassy toned, and no longer dull looking.  It's shiny, healthy looking, feels great, and looks great!  I'm extremely pleased with the results!

clairolpro.com

For details call 1-800-989-1755

Clairol Second Nature Hair Color 2 Oz

Clairol Second Nature Hair Color 2 Oz

CLAIROL PROFESSIONAL SECOND NATURE NO LIFT HAIR COLOR 23 COLORS AVAILABLE PICK YOUR COLOR!2 OZ BOTTLES NEW OLD STOCK BOTTLES ARE ALL SEALED

Clairol Second Nature No Lift Permanent Hair Color   100 Series Your Choice

Clairol Second Nature No Lift Permanent Hair Color 100 Series Your Choice

MyMinth Professional Hair Care Products YOU ARE BIDDING ON Clairol SECOND NATURE No Lift PERMANENT Hair Color # 100 Series *YOUR CHOICE* 2 oz To the r...

Clairol Nice N Easy Root Touch Up - Black

Clairol Nice N Easy Root Touch Up - Black

Find hair color products at Target.com! Extend the life of your hair color with black nice 'n easy root touch-up from clairol. The targeted root cr me...

Clairol Prof.beautiful Collection Semi Perm Hair Color

Clairol Prof.beautiful Collection Semi Perm Hair Color

Clairol Beautiful Collection Hair Color is a gentle semi-permanent color specifically developed for relaxed or textured hair. Enhances natural color, ...

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Born Blonde Hair Color

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Born Blonde Hair Color

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Born Blonde Hair Color delivers simply blonde bliss. This Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color is for use on light blonde to dark brow...

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up 003 Black 1 Kit

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up 003 Black 1 Kit

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up 003 Black, 1 Kit. Extend the life of your hair color. Root Touch-Up gives your hair color a boost, covering roots a...
P&G eStore

Clairol Second Nature No Lift Permanent Hair Color  's 2 - 8 Your Choice 2 Oz

Clairol Second Nature No Lift Permanent Hair Color 's 2 - 8 Your Choice 2 Oz

MyMinth Professional Hair Care Products YOU ARE BIDDING ON Clairol SECOND NATURE No Lift PERMANENT Hair Color #'s 2 - 8 *YOUR CHOICE* 2 oz To the righ...

Clairol Nice N Easy Born Blonde Maxi

Clairol Nice N Easy Born Blonde Maxi

Find hair color products at Target.com! Nice 'n easy born blonde from clairol delivers blonde bliss. Born blonde maxi is for use on dark blonde to bla...

Clairol  Professional Second Nature 2.oz   Hair Colors

Clairol Professional Second Nature 2.oz Hair Colors

You are bidding on a Clairol Professional Second Nature Bottle 2 oz. 59 ml . No Lift Color.Please Note: The bottles are from the discontinued line. Al...

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up, 1 Kit

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch-Up, 1 Kit

Extend the life of your hair color. Root Touch-Up gives your hair color a boost, covering roots and grays anytime between regular colorings. The targe...