-32%

Clorox Disinfecting Wipes Lemon Fresh 35 ea

+$7.95 shipping Shoplet.com
+$7.95 shipping Shoplet.com
Free Shipping Sears Marketplace

Clorex Wipes versus Lysol Wipes: Which will go into Clozy's Mother's Day basket?

Mar 20, 2013

Pros:Clorox doesn't smell as nice as Lysol so Lysol is my pick.

Cons:Clorox is smaller and not as thick as Lysol wipes.

The Bottom Line: Clorox and Lysol Wipes are so similar so I might suggest going with the less expensive one. If they were the same money I like the Lysol brand.

I am comparing Clorox Disinfecting Wipes (Lemon Fresh) with Lysol Ocean Fresh Disinfecting Wipes. The cost of these vary depending on how
many canisters you buy (If, for example, you shop at Costco) or how many there are to the canister.

I will tell you my bottom line: They are both so similar I buy whichever one is on sale.

Similarities versus Differences:

They are both in the same price range, which is about $4.00 for 40 wipes.  There are a couple of scents in the Clorox line. I tend to stick with the Lemon Fresh Scent but I have bought the Citrus Scent as well.

The Lysol wipes are 1/2 an inch larger than the Clorox wipes coming in at 7.5 inches by 8 inches rather than 7 inches by 8 inches.

It seems that the Clorox wipes are small so maybe the 1/2 inch really does make a difference.

Lysol like Clorox tells us these wipes will disinfect and kill 99.9% of bacteria found in kitchens and bathrooms. We are told that Lysol has revolutionary Micro-Lock fibers that clean better and help trap germy household messes. The website makes these claims: ~ 50% Stronger than Clorox Wipes. Strong enough to lift 25 pounds of weight without tearing. ~ Cleans better on tough grease than Clorox Wipes.

The ingredients in Clorox wipes are Water, Substrate, Isopropyl alcohol Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride, Alkyl dimethyl ethylbenzyl, ammonium chloride, Alkyl polyglucoside,  Fragrance,  Preservative and Propylene glycol propyl ether.

To compare- the active ingredients in Lysol are Alkyl and Dimethyl Benzyl,  Ammonium Chlorides versus Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chlorides and Ethylbenzyl Ammonium Chloride in Clorox.  They have one ingredient in common.

They are hazardous to humans and domestic animals.

To use the Lysol wipes I am supposed to allow the surface to stay wet for 30 seconds to 10 minutes. I am not sure how I would keep the surface wet for that long since the stuff on the wipe dries. Clorox didn’t have that 10 minute time.

Lysol wipes smell much nicer than my Clorox wipes. I don’t really know what the ocean scent is supposed to smell like but I  guess I can call it a fresh smelling,  pleasant, but disinfecting smell. In addition that 1/2 inch makes a difference. Lysol wipes feel thicker.

I attempted to see if the Lysol wipes would hold 25 pounds. I put one eight-pound weight on it since it was too small for two. It tore. Maybe a different shaped product would not tear the wipe.

I tried to figure out which brand cleaned grease better. They seemed to work equally well.

Jo's Final Thoughts:

If one were significantly less money or I had a great coupon I would buy that one. If they were the same price or the Lysol Wipes were a bit more, I’d go with those because they are larger and thicker.

I am building a giant Mother's Day basket for my pretend sister, Clozy. In it are:

Hershey Nuggets

A Vera Bradley wallet from ebags

Dumbbells

Keurig coffee maker

Sunscreen but which one?

Mouthwash but which one?

Bleach-free, premoistened wipes clean and disinfect in one step kill 99.9 of bacteria, including staph and salmonella. Ideal for day care centers, off...
Shoplet.com

One of America's favorite disinfecting wipeskills 99.9 of common illness-causing germs, including Staphylococcus aureus staph, Salmonella enterica, Es...
Shoplet.com
Bleach-free, premoistened wipes clean and disinfect in one step; kill 99.9% of bacteria, including staph and salmonella. Ideal for day care centers, o...
Disinfecting Wipes, 7 x 8, Citrus Blend, 35/Canister, 12/Carton