Microsoft (D66-00029) Mouse

Sturdy but MS has got to work on the ergo!

Sep 4, 2003

Pros:Will last you a while, accurate, can use it w/o a mousepad

Cons:Ideally should be more ergonomic

The Bottom Line: It's a good mouse but if you have carpel tunnel - beware!

This is a good mouse for those wanting an optical mouse for on a budget, I think you can pick 'em up for 30 bucks Cdn or so at Future Shop.

I've used this mouse for about 2 yrs now. The good side is that it's fairly sturdy, it can take everyday use for a while. However, it stopped working after maybe a year. Since it was still under warranty Microsoft promptly sent me a new one which I'm currently using, it's been over a year since I got. It's great for everyday use and I use it for some casual gaming since the accuracy is amazing for FPS-type games.

The main complaint that I have is the ergonomics - it's not the most comfortable mouse though it's not horrible (maybe I should have opted for something else oh well c'est la vie). Since all companies use the one-size-fits-all approach I guess it'd be hard to find something closer to perfect. However, it would be nice to have MS's R&D design something more comfortable for those of us who spend more than 5 hrs on a computer a day.

Overall, it's a good mouse - I'd definitely recommend it. However, if you don't feel like further lining Bill Gates pockets find something else!

Microsoft Microsoft Wheel Computer Mouse Optical Wired Pc+mac D66-00029