Western Digital Caviar 20 GB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5" (WD200BB) Hard Drive Reviews

Western Digital Caviar 20 GB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5" (WD200BB) Hard Drive

2 consumer reviews

Free Shipping Server Supply

Fast and Cheap?

Dec 4, 2002

Pros:Fast and quiet, durable

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Good drive to anchor multi-hard drive system with. Fast and Quiet, easy installation.

Well. This is the hard drive i used to build my current system off of.
My currents system:
athlon xp 2000
asus a7n266-vm mobo
20gb wd2000bb HD
100gb wd special ed. (8mb cache!) HD
hp dvd200i dvd r/ rw burner

I use this harddrive to run my OS's off of. It is fast and quiet.

Installation:
easy, just like any ide hard drive, install and screw it in, plug in the cables and power up.
I partitioned my harddrive into 3 partitions. the datalifeguard program works nicely, but i prefer to use a windows 98se boot disc and use fdisk to manage my partitions

Performance:
i don't benchmark my hds, so i dont' have any stats. But it does run significantly faster than my other 20GB harddrive (its a fireball 5400rpm drive). It is pretty quiet and stays cool.

Conclusion:
a quality, fast and quiet drive. not too expensive for a ata/100 7200 rpm, wish it had an 8mb cache like the special ed. drives, but we can't have everything we want.

The Western Digital Caviar is designed for desktop users that have a computer with an ATA 100 interface. Data transfers on this 3.5-inch internal hard...

WESTERN DIGITAL - CAVIAR 20GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DISK DRIVE. 2MB BUFFER DMA/ATA-100 (ULTRA) 40PIN 3.5INCH FORM FACTOR LOW PROFILE (1.0 INCH) (WD200BB)....
Server Supply