Microsoft Natural Elite A1300002 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Microsoft Natural Elite A1300002 Wired Keyboard

Mine is 7 years old

Mar 5, 2006

Pros:Comfortable, durable, 15 minutes to get used to

Cons:Visitors wanting to use your computer will spasm when they see your curvy keyboard, Tan

The Bottom Line: Trouble free, chiropractor approved, sleek

Yeh, I'm not a Microsoft fan either, but their forays into hardware seem to be pretty good. This keyboard was offered in 1999 with my Dell 450 MHz PIII.

This is the one I have: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=022

I'm on the computer hours per day. Not necessarily continually typing, but every key still works like new.

The "crevice" up the middle of the keyboard positions the keys in exactly the right position for my fingers when I drop my hands down on the keyboard without having to twist my wrists. My elbows fall naturally to my sides.

I do not think an after-market wrist rest would fit this keyboard, but the big lip of plastic at the front of the keyboard acts like a wrist-rest, and looking down, it looks like my wrists are happily resting on it. If there were a problem with the wrist-rest not being made out of a soft material, I think I would have noticed by now.

Seven years ago, I wasn't such a good typist, but I got used to the crevice in about 15 minutes. A few years later, I realized that I don't hardly have to look at the keyboard anymore, and started touch-typing (no peeking).

Long time since I looked at my keyboard closely. I just saw a few tiny dust bunnies here and there, so I just sprayed half a can of compressed air all over between the keys. Lets see if it still works.

Twas brillig and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe
All mimsy were the borogoves
And the mome raths outgrabe

The keys' action feels kind of velvety. There's a little bit of a very soft indent about half the way through each key's travel, which provides tactile feedback. Works for me. And like I say, each key feels the same as each other, and the same as when the keyboard was new.

There are more expensive versions of natural keyboards with internet keys which I've never experienced. Could be a way to open my browser to my favorite weather website at the push of a button. Of course, that would take away all the fun. One model has a Zoom-Slider which looks interesting. Sleep mode?

The only drawback is that when you have friends over to play with your computer, they'll have a spasm when they see your curvy keyboard.

Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 For Business 5qh-00001 Black Usb Wired Ergonomic

The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business keyboard makes day-to-day tasks easier with a more natural wrist alignment.

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

The Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 is Windows 8- and Xbox 360 compatible, with media hot keys, plug-and-play setup, a Windows Start button, and quiet-to...
Microsoft Store

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Microsoft - B2M-00012

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Microsoft - B2M-00012

Microsoft - B2M-00012 Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 USB
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business - Keyboard - USB - English - North American layout

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business

Superbly crafted for high-volume users, the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business features an advanced design that positions your han...

Microsoft(R) Wired Keyboard 600, Black

Microsoft(R) Wired Keyboard 600, Black

Quiet, responsive, thin-profile keys Quiet Touch keys provide quick access to media controls. Use the Calculator Hot Key for one-touch access to the c...
Office Depot

Microsoft B2M-00012 Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - keyboard - English - North America

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Keyboard - USB - English - North American layout
PCM

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard/ Microsoft Usb Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard/ Microsoft Usb Keyboard

Computer users will love and appreciate the Ergonomic 4000, a keyboard from Microsoft that caters to the comfort needs of users. Some studies have pro...
Microsoft B2M-00012 Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Keyboard - USB - ergonomic - English - North America

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 has been expertly crafted to allow you to work in a more natural position. The new Gull Wing design features a 14-degr...
MacMall

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business

Improved split design and new curved key layout makes this keyboard even more comfortable to use every day.
Microsoft Store