Microsoft Natural Elite A1300002 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Microsoft Natural Elite A1300002 Wired Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite - An Excellent Alternative to the Natural Pro!

Oct 22, 2001

Pros:Ergonomic design can benefit some users

Cons:Ergonomic design changes the layout slightly, affecting some users adversely.

The Bottom Line: An excellent choice for the user who likes the split design. Try it before you buy it!

We recently had the opportunity to purchase several new keyboards at work. After a couple months of use, I can report wildly mixed reviews. Most users either love them and wonít give them up or they hate them and demand the old keyboard back. Very few are in the middle ground on these devices. {insert references to the other opinions}

Features:
- A split QWERTY keyboard with an ergonomic design that is supposed to be less strenuous on the userís wrists
- The device can be connected using either a USB or PS2 connection.
- Integrated palm rest, eliminating the need for an additional ergonomic product.

The Price
This keyboard is not terribly expensive. We purchased ours in bulk at $25 each. They can be found for anywhere from $25 - $40 for a single keyboard. They are a little less expensive than the Natural Pro is, but mot everyone needs the extra USB ports.

Positive Feedback from our users
About three-quarters of the users who were given this model of the keyboard were very positive about it. I found this rather strange since the positive response from the Pro users was only about 50% positive and it is pretty much the same keyboard. The new keyboard allows easier positioning of your hands on the keyboard. Some users actually showed an increase in speed on these keyboards. It was not a major increase but 5 words a minute can definitely add up. Overall, this is the strongest group of users I have dealt with as far as expressing their feelings over the keyboard. One of the users who got a new Internet keyboard when we upgraded her computer actually requested this keyboard back instead of the Internet keyboard. From my observation, these users all tend to be normal typists and many have never used anything but a computer keyboard to type.

Negative Feedback from our users
The other quarter of the users that received this model were not so happy about it. None went so far as to demand their old keyboard back the way one of my Natural Pro users did but they did voice their displeasure. Some have eventually gotten used to it, although still donít like it and others have switched back to a standard keyboard. Again from my observations of users at work, these users fall into two categories, the experienced typist who has had formal typing training on anything from a manual typewriter to electric typewriter to computer keyboard, and the non-standard typist.

My Thoughts
I have to admit that I fall into the second group here. I really donít like this keyboard. I have had to use it when I work on these usersí computers but have switched away from it myself. I do not rest my hands in the proper position but can still type at a relatively good speed on a standard keyboard. I am extremely handicapped typing on one of these keyboards.

As much as I personally dislike the keyboard, I have to recommend it to users who can get used to the layout. The ergonomic advantages gained from this keyboard far outweigh the necessity of any difficulty you may have, IF you type normally. Since not everyone needs the USB ports, this is a great alternative to the Natural Pro for them. My best advice is to try it out before you buy it.

Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 For Business 5qh-00001 Black Usb Wired Ergonomic

The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business keyboard makes day-to-day tasks easier with a more natural wrist alignment.

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 Black

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 Black

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 for Business - Keyboard - USB - English - North American layout - black

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business

Improved split design and new curved key layout makes this keyboard even more comfortable to use every day.
Microsoft Store

Microsoft - Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Black

Microsoft - Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Black

It's important to be comfortable in a place where you spend a lot of your time. This Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 has even more comfort f...
Best Buy

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Microsoft - B2M-00012

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Microsoft - B2M-00012

Microsoft - B2M-00012 Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 USB

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business

Superbly crafted for high-volume users, the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business features an advanced design that positions your han...

Microsoft(R) Wired Keyboard 600, Black

Microsoft(R) Wired Keyboard 600, Black

Quiet, responsive, thin-profile keys Quiet Touch keys provide quick access to media controls. Use the Calculator Hot Key for one-touch access to the c...
Office Depot

Microsoft B2M-00012 Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - keyboard - English - North America

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Keyboard - USB - English - North American layout
PCM

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard/ Microsoft Usb Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard/ Microsoft Usb Keyboard

Computer users will love and appreciate the Ergonomic 4000, a keyboard from Microsoft that caters to the comfort needs of users. Some studies have pro...
Microsoft B2M-00012 Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Keyboard - USB - ergonomic - English - North America

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 has been expertly crafted to allow you to work in a more natural position. The new Gull Wing design features a 14-degr...
MacMall