Microsoft Natural Elite A1300002 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Microsoft Natural Elite A1300002 Wired Keyboard

For Everyone but Gamers and Power Users

Apr 29, 2002

Pros:Compact, ergonomic design, GREAT feel, higher quality than most keyboards

Cons:Frustratingly tiny directional keys, function keys, and awkward layout of them

The Bottom Line: If you seldom use the directional keys, delete, home, end, page up, etc. keys, then this keyboard is wonderful. If you are used to those keys, you'll be slowed down.

After spilling Pepsi all over my last keyboard, and never quite being happy with it in the first place, I decided to get a higher-quality keyboard - the Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite. Being a nerdy gamer, I wanted a keyboard with a nice feel.

This keyboard does have a very nice feel to it. When you type fast, the keys are quick and responsive. They have a soft click to them when pressed and they do not feel flimsy.
The keys are slightly textured which allows for a better grip. In fact, this keyboard has the best-feeling keys of any keyboard I have ever used.

This keyboard is also very compact for being an ergonomic keyboard. It takes up about two-thirds of the deskspace that my last ergonomic keyboard occupied. The layout of the main alphanumeric keys is amazing. Not only is it a split-key design, each row of keys is offset slightly in height to where it feels most comfortable to press them. I appreciated this very much after spending hours of typing each day.

However, this otherwise perfect keyboard has some serious flaws. First of all, the function keys are all half-size. For someone that uses them often, this gets quite annoying. Also, the directional keys are much smaller than normal and they are laid out like a diamond. This makes playing games with the directional keys almost unbearable. Also, the insert, home, page up, delete, end, and page down keys are all half-size. Again, if you are used to using these keys often, you will sacrifice productivity with this keyboard.

This keyboard is very durable. It is made out of better plastic than most keyboards and feels much higher quality.

I was reluctant to buy this keyboard because of the small non-alphanumeric keys - but I thought I would quickly get used to them. Maybe it is my non-surgical hands or maybe that my hands are larger than most, but after three months of use, I still find it very hard to get used to the small keys and odd directional key layout. For this reason, I am getting rid of this keyboard and going back to a keyboard with full-size keys. However, I still believe that the feel of this keyboard is wonderful - I just value my higher productivity with larger keys more than just a good feel.

Overall, this keyboard is great for most users - except for gamers and power users in my opinion.

Brand Sealed Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Wired Keyboard

Brand Sealed Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Wired Keyboard

The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business keyboard makes day-to-day tasks easier with a more natural wrist alignment.

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard/ Microsoft Usb Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard/ Microsoft Usb Keyboard

Computer users will love and appreciate the Ergonomic 4000, a keyboard from Microsoft that caters to the comfort needs of users. Some studies have pro...
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business - Keyboard - USB - English - North American layout

Microsoft - Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Black

Microsoft - Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Black

It's important to be comfortable in a place where you spend a lot of your time. This Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 has even more comfort f...
Best Buy

Microsoft(R) Natural(R) Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, Black

Microsoft(R) Natural(R) Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, Black

Type in comfort Advanced ergonomic keyboard with cushioned palm rest. Zoom slider lets you magnify screen images for easier viewing or editing. Encour...
Office Depot

Microsoft B2M-00012 Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - keyboard - English - North America

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Keyboard - USB - English - North American layout
PCM

Microsoft B2M-00012 Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Keyboard - USB - ergonomic - English - North America

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 has been expertly crafted to allow you to work in a more natural position. The new Gull Wing design features a 14-degr...
MacMall
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000,

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000,

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 B2m-00012

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 B2m-00012

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200

Reliable and durable construction designed to last. Comfortable, quiet and responsive keys
Quill.com