Microsoft Natural Elite A1300002 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Microsoft Natural Elite A1300002 Wired Keyboard

Looks Weird, Works GREAT!!!

Mar 14, 2003 (Updated Mar 14, 2003)

Pros:Ergonomic Design, built-in wrist support

Cons:a little expensive, but worth it!

The Bottom Line: I would highly recommend the Microsoft Natural Elite. I could immediately tell a difference in my wrists after a evening of typing/surfing.

I love my Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard. I didn’t realize the normal keyboard put your hands in such an unnatural position. Although this keyboard LOOKS like it is an UNnatural set-up, but just hold your hands up in front of you like you are using a normal keyboard and look at the severe angle of your right wrist (your left too, to a lesser degree), then straighten your wrists and you will see that it is very close to the angle of the keys on the Natural Elite!

The Microsoft ergonomic set-up was a little strange at first, it took about a week to learn and get comfortable using the new set-up. After that, I didn’t even notice it anymore....Until I used a normal keyboard at work. I had to look to see where my home keys were, and think about what I was typing! I was surprised that I had gotten used to the other so completely.

The Microsoft Natural Elite has a built in wrist support below the bottom row of keys. This helps to keep your wrists in a neutral position, and reduces strain and the risk of carpal tunnel. There are also little legs at the back of the keyboard, so you can raise the back of the board. I find it more comfortable with the keyboard up, but it says to choose the one that keeps your wrist straight, based on the height of the desk, your chair, and you. Anyone who types or uses the net a lot will probably like this keyboard....once you get used to the split!

The split in the keyboard keeps you from cheating as easily when you’re touch typing. The top row on the left side is QWERT. The biggest problem I had was with the shift key. I guess I cheated a lot on that, and usually used the one on the right side, regardless of the letter I was capitalizing. I didn’t notice it on a regular keyboard, but it’s harder to do on this keyboard, and I had to break myself of that habit. My typing speed has also improved since getting this keyboard. I never thought about that happening, so it is an added bonus.

The arrow keys are in a plus configuration, instead of an upside down T. That also took a little adjustment. I actually like it better now, because the back arrow is easier to reach without losing your place on the home row. Also, the space bar and the whole bottom row are stretched a little bit vertically, making them a little bit larger.

Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 For Business 5qh-00001 Black Usb Wired Ergonomic

The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business keyboard makes day-to-day tasks easier with a more natural wrist alignment.

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600

The Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 is Windows 8- and Xbox 360 compatible, with media hot keys, plug-and-play setup, a Windows Start button, and quiet-to...
Microsoft Store

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Microsoft - B2M-00012

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Microsoft - B2M-00012

Microsoft - B2M-00012 Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 USB
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business - Keyboard - USB - English - North American layout

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business

Superbly crafted for high-volume users, the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business features an advanced design that positions your han...

Microsoft(R) Wired Keyboard 600, Black

Microsoft(R) Wired Keyboard 600, Black

Quiet, responsive, thin-profile keys Quiet Touch keys provide quick access to media controls. Use the Calculator Hot Key for one-touch access to the c...
Office Depot

Microsoft B2M-00012 Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - keyboard - English - North America

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Keyboard - USB - English - North American layout
PCM

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard/ Microsoft Usb Keyboard

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard/ Microsoft Usb Keyboard

Computer users will love and appreciate the Ergonomic 4000, a keyboard from Microsoft that caters to the comfort needs of users. Some studies have pro...
Microsoft B2M-00012 Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Keyboard - USB - ergonomic - English - North America

Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 has been expertly crafted to allow you to work in a more natural position. The new Gull Wing design features a 14-degr...
MacMall

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business

Improved split design and new curved key layout makes this keyboard even more comfortable to use every day.
Microsoft Store