Sony VAIO PCG-SR7K 10.4" (12 GB, Intel Pentium III, 600 MHz, 128 MB) Notebook - Gray - PCG-SR7K

Fantastic Notebook!

Nov 5, 2000

Pros:Portability; Battery Life; Display

Cons:Having to purchase CD ROM separately

The Sony SR7K in my opinion is a fantastic notebook computer. It scores high on portability, weighing in at 2.98 lbs, has a very good display, great bundle of software and very good battery life.

If portability is an issue to you, then I would highly recommend the SR7K. Its great to be able to close the lid, pick it up with one hand, and walk around the house with it like a thin book. The battery life is very good Ė lasting 3-4 hours (depending on what you are doing). The hibernation mode is great. I donít know if this is a mode found on other laptop/notebook computers (it is not offered on my Dell Latitude laptop nor is it on my HP Omnibook 4100). Just close the lid, and the computer very quickly goes into ďhibernationĒ. Later, all you have to do is open the lid, press the space bar, and about 15 seconds later, power comes back on again all without hardly draining any of the battery! I love this feature!!

For a 10.4 inch screen, I am very impressed. I was a little concerned about the size of the screen at first, but those concerns have subsided as Iíve used the notebook more. The size of the keyboard does take a little time to get use to. For some, this may be its greatest downfall. Iím use to smaller sized keyboards, as Iíve used a lot of small handhelds before, so its not a big issue to me.

In short, I would highly recommend the SR7K to anyone wanting a high performance yet very portable notebook computer. For those who arenít as concerned with the portability, I would recommend that you look at other notebook/laptop computers. There is no question that because of the size, you must compromise with a smaller keyboard and screen. For me, and a lot of others, this is worth it. One important note Ė if portability is HUGE to you, then you ought to check out the Sony PictureBook C1. Its even smaller and more portable, but again, so are the screen and keyboard. The question that you must ask yourself is how portable do you need? Whereas the PictureBook C1 may be just too small for most people, the SR7K is probably a better fit.

(one note - this is the same review that I wrote for the Sony SR5k. The two notebooks are identical other than the SR7K is a little faster, larger hard drive and more memory. But the features that mean the most to me and what I've written about in my review are the same. Therefore I thought it would be pertinent to include this review for the SR7K as well)

Sony - VAIO Flip 14A 2-in-1 14 Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black

Sony VAIO Flip 14A SVF14N13CXB Convertible 2-in-1 Laptop: A gorgeous Full HD multitouch screen to fully utilize Windows 8, enough RAM to run multiple ...
Best Buy

Sony VAIO Tap 11 Intel Pentium 3560Y X2 1.2GHz 4GB 128GB SSD 11.6 Touch Win8 (Black) - Refurbished

Sony VAIO Tap 11 SVT11213CXB - Tablet - Pentium 3560Y / 1.2 GHz - Windows 8 64-bit - 4 GB RAM - 128 GB SSD - 11.6 touchscreen 1920 x 1080 ( Full HD ) ...

Sony VAIO Fit SVF15N17CXB Intel Core i7-4500U X2 1.8GHz 8GB 1TB+16GB SSD 15.5 Touch Win8 (Black) - Refurbished

Sony VAIO Fit 15A SVF15N17CXB - Ultrabook - Core i7 4500U / 1.8 GHz - Windows 8 64-bit - 8 GB RAM - 1 TB Hybrid Drive ( 16 GB SSD cache ) - no optical...

Buy at Newegg.com SONY VAIO Pro Core i5 8GB 256GB SSD 13.3 FHD Ultrabook Windows 7 Pro + Win 8 Pro (SVP1321GGXBI)
Newegg.com

$1999.95

Asus K53SV-DH71 15.6in. LED Notebook - Intel Core i7 i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz - Mocha

Asus K53SV-DH71 15.6in. LED Notebook - Intel Core i7 i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz - Mocha

Classy Metallic DesignFeaturing 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors and an elegant color scheme based on premium aluminum textures, the new K Series ...
Office Depot

Sony Svd13211cgw Vaio Duo 13In Core I5 Touch Notebook - White

Sony Svd13211cgw Vaio Duo 13In Core I5 Touch Notebook - White

The new VAIO Duo model design has been finely tuned in 13 for the ultimate productive experience. Slide out the keyboard anytime, anywhere - now with ...
Mobitech Store

+$3,000.00 shipping
Asus - Zenbook Prime 13.3 IPS Ultrabook Computer, Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9GHz, 4GB DDR3 RA

Asus Zenbook Prime 13.3 IPS Ultrabook Computer, Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD + 24GB SSD, Windows 8 64-Bit, Silver The Asus 13.3...
Adorama