Compaq 2010c Reviews

Compaq 2010c

Good for Certain People

Jul 6, 2001

Pros:Nice Screen, Light, Small, Modem.

Cons:Battery life, Not visible in bright sunlight, modem speed.

The Bottom Line: Overall I think the 2010C is a fine handheld and is an affordable device for mobile users.

I wanted to buy a laptop for school but I quickly realised that I could not afford one so I decided to buy a handheld instead since I knew I could get one cheaper.

I was checking out the Velo 500, the Jornada 690 and the Compaq 2010C. The main thing I was looking for in the handheld was an internal modem so I could email my family without the hassle of the computer lab. I chose the 2010C because it was in color unlike the Velo 500 (had a faster modem too Velo 500 has only a 28.8Kps), and because it was much cheaper than the Jornada 690.

Let's start with the bad stuff.

The unit battery life is way too short it lasted about 1hr 30 mins and although I was almost always close to a power outlet when using it I still found it a great bother having to keep it plugged in most of the time. Altough I had 2 extra batteries I never really bothered to use them since I didn't have and external charger and charging would have to be done in the unit. One good thing is that the battery charges very quickly about 30 mins and using the external chager and some exrtra batteries, it could be a very good unit for executives who need long battery life.

In bright sunlight the screen is virtually un-seeable.

The modem is very slow and can sometimes be frustrating when surfing the net but it is fairly good if you just need to send e-mails.

Now the good.

Once your not in direct sunlight the screen is very nice and adequate for the units use.

Although the unit is not a small as some divices these days its as small as it gets when using typed input and I can type quite well on it although it takes some getting used to.

The processor is fairly fast once you are not using large multimedia files or the modem is not in use.

Compaq Business L2311c 23in. LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms

Compaq Business L2311c 23in. LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms

Notebook computing upgraded to full potential The HP Compaq L2311c 23-inch Notebook Docking Monitor is a LED backlit LCD display with port replication...
Office Depot

HP-Compaq PCI Ultra320 Single Channel SCSI Controller Card With 64mb C

HP-Compaq PCI Ultra320 Single Channel SCSI Controller Card With 64mb C

HP-Compaq PCI Ultra320 Single Channel SCSI Controller Card With 64mb Cache Controller Card. New Bulk Pack .
ALLHDD

Compaq Ij300 Color Inkjet Printer Old Stock Parrallel Port

Compaq Ij300 Color Inkjet Printer Old Stock Parrallel Port

Compaq iJ300 Color Inkjet Printer NEW OLD STOCK Parrallel Port NEW Item: Compaq iJ300 Color Inkjet Printer NEW OLD STOCK Parrallel Port NEW Features: ...

Compaq L2311c - LED monitor - 23

Compaq L2311c - LED monitor - 23

HP Compaq L2311c - LED monitor - 23 - 1920 x 1080 - TN - 250 cd/m2 - 1000:1 - 1000000:1 (dynamic) - 5 ms - VGA - black
PCM

221470-B21 Compaq Compatible

221470-B21 Compaq Compatible

221470-B21 Compaq Compatible 100% Compaq Compatible 221470-B21 2GB Small Form-Factor Pluggable Gigabit Interface Converter 1000Base-LX/LH SFP Transcei...
OEM OPTIC

HP-Compaq 64 Bit 66 Mhz Single Channel PCI Ultra 160 SCSI Controller C

HP-Compaq 64 Bit 66 Mhz Single Channel PCI Ultra 160 SCSI Controller C

HP-Compaq 64 Bit 66 Mhz Single Channel PCI Ultra 160 SCSI Controller Card For Proliant Server. New Bulk Pack.
ALLHDD

HP Compaq Presario V2010US Laptop Battery - Premium Powerwarehouse Battery 6 Cell

HP Compaq hstnn-c52c Battery for DV4 Dv5 DV6 compaq presario cq61-420

HP Compaq hstnn-c52c Battery for DV4 Dv5 DV6 compaq presario cq61-420

HP Compaq hstnn-c52c Battery for DV4 Dv5 DV6 compaq presario cq61-420 is in stock and ready to ship from USBPhoneworld. We stock HP Compaq hstnn-c52c ...
usbphoneworld.com