Coby LEDTV3216 31.5" 720p HD LED LCD Television Reviews

Coby LEDTV3216 31.5" 720p HD LED LCD Television

A Decent value for the money

Dec 19, 2012
  • User Rating: Very Good

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:

Pros:Good Colors, lots of HDMI connectors, simple setup

Cons:Shared Audio connectors for RGB and RCA connections

The Bottom Line: I'd buy this TV again as long as the price is sub-175.  Good for a second TV.

I was searching for a larger TV to replace an old CRT-type one in my workout room.  I found this TV on Amazon for a good price during the After Thanksgiving sale.  They were prompt, and I was excited to have my TV shortly after ordering.

Unboxing was simple, as all the parts were securely packed in molded Styrofoam blocks.  They were also wrapped in foam bags for extra protection.  The base for the TV comes in 2 parts, the actual flat base, and a round riser that bolts to both the base and the back of the TV with 1 bolt and 5 screws, respectively.

This TV is a bit thicker, at about 3 and half inches.  It did not matter for me as I would be standing the TV on an entertainment center.  It is also surprisingly light, given its’ size.

The TV comes with 3 HDMI inputs 1 on the back and 2 on the side, 1 VGA connector with a 3.5 mm sound in port, RGB and RCA connectors.  The one quirk this TV has is the fact that the traditional yellow video port for RCA connections is actually yellow.  It also includes a headphone jack in case headphone TV is your thing.

Overall I’ve been happy with this purchase, as I use this TV with a DVD player, Roku box, and X-Box.  One point to examine before purchase is what type and how many connectors you will need.  I got lucky, as the Roku and Xbox can use HDMI, while the DVD player uses RCA connectors.  Trying to use 2 devices that use either RCA or RGB connectors will mean swapping sound cables at a minimum, or swapping all device cables if they both the same.

Colors look good, and sound quality is what you would expect for an entry level TV.  The frame of the TV is very minimal, and allows the TV to use the minimum possible space.  Overall, for a general-use TV, I would buy this TV again as long as the price is about 175 or less.

Energy efficient technology (standby power <0.5W) Extended backlight life expectancy (30,000 hours) Built-in digital TV tuner (ATSC/NTSC/QAM) HDMI dig...