-15%
Corel Dazzle Video Creator Platinum HD (9900652080A) Reviews

Corel Dazzle Video Creator Platinum HD (9900652080A)

Free Shipping Sears

The Dazzle Platinum - Is it Worth Being Called Platinum?

Apr 18, 2013

Pros:Decent pricing for decent capture quality.
Durable.
Includes Pinnacle Studios.

Cons:Way too many chords and wires.
Low quality HD.
Poor instruction manual.

The Bottom Line: I do not recommend trying out this product unless you're a tech genius with chords and editing software. Quality was a small step-up from passed Dazzle products.

The Dazzle Video Creator: Platinum HD.

Does it really deserve the title, platinum?

What separates the Dazzle Video Creator: Platinum HD, from other Dazzle devices?

I can answer that from trying out both the Dazzle DVC 100 and the Dazzle Platinum HD. The answer is simple: the capture quality. The capture quality is noticeably better, but not by much. It's in HD, but it seems to be a very compressed version of it. Another thing that separates it from other Dazzle product's, is that it comes with Hollywood FX. Hollywood FX is an editing software, similar to Pinnacle Studios, but with a more simple layout. Other than just those two factors, I didn't notice any other difference.

Why consider purchasing a Dazzle Platinum HD?

You might consider buying a Dazzle Platinum HD for multiple reasons. Maybe you've tried out other capturing devices and are looking for something slightly better, without dropping too much cash. Maybe you're looking for some editing software at an extremely low price! Or maybe you've heard something about the Dazzle products. Whatever it is, this review will help you decide on whether or not to purchase this hardware.

What can the Dazzle Platinum HD record?

Using this hardware, you can capture anything directly from analog sources, consoles, computers, HD camcorders, VCR's, and video cameras.   You can choose to record in SD, or HD, depending on your preference.

*HD files take up more RAM on your PC.
*SD take up less RAM on your PC.

What are the specifiations for the Dazzle Platinum HD?

After going through the atrocious process of hooking up multiple chords, you can begin recording. Once you have recorded whatever it is you've recorded, you can select any of the output formats listed below:
-AVCHD*, AVCHD Lite*, DVD (DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, or DVD+RW, dual layer), S-VCD, Video CD (VCD).
-DV, HDV, AVI, DivX*, RealVideo® 8, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4*, Flash, 3GP*, WAV, MP3*, QuickTime® MOV, DivX Plus MKV*.
-Dolby® Digital 2 channel audio.
-YouTube HD.
-Apple® iPod®, Sony® PSP/PS3, Nintendo® Wii, Microsoft® Xbox compatible formats*.

In all honesty, these formats are extremely top-of-the-line options for this type of recording equipment. If you're a Youtuber, seeing these formats will make you smile just at the thought of having so many available options at your fingertips.

My personal experience with the Dazzle Platinum.

When I first purchased the Dazzle Platinum, my hopes were reached towards the sky! I was ecstatic to finally record my gameplay from my gaming console! All of my hopes and excitement drastically decreased when I realized there was a lot more to it.

What Dazzle claims to be simple, is actually extremely difficult, (if you aren't a tech genius)!

The Dazzle Platinum only comes with the recording device itself and the two editing programs, (on disks). It's up to you to go shopping for the exact chords you're going to need in order to begin recording!

Once you purchase all of the chords, you have to set them up. This wasn't too much of a hassle, but I would've expected the instruction to better explain it. I personally referred myself to Youtube, for tutorials on how to set up the infernal thing.

After setting up all of the chords, I was ready to record. I began recording and I realized two things. Slight lag, (it was an issue with my PC), and not the clearest HD I've seen. The HD was very low quality, (even when I switched the quality back to, 'max').

I'll admit it was a step-up from previous Dazzle devices, but not what I expected it to be.

Once I finished recording, I installed the editing software onto my computer and started up Pinnacle Studios. I transfered the video into Pinnalce Studios and I just stared blank at my screen. I was clueless.

The so-called, 'simpler and faster way to make videos' turned into a mockery of words.

Pinnacle Studios was my first ever editing program and I was absolutely dumbstruck when I first tried it out. The program itself had barely any tutorials to assist me, and I found that to be frustrating.

I found myself back on Youtube, watching tutorials on how to become familiar with Pinnacle Studios.

*Hollywood FX had me as confused as Pinnacle Studios did.

The final verdict. Does it deserve the title, platinum?

After the highly negative experience with the hardware, (and software provided), I don't believe so at all. I recommend other products, like BlackMagic Intensity Pro, or the Elgato HD capture card.

Dazzle video creator platinum hd Win xp vista w Dazzle Video Creator Platinum HD combines a highquality video capture device with easytouse Pinnacle S...
Hastle-Free Returns Policy: Please check our Hastle-Free Return Policy, it is designed to make returns very easy and prompt. Click here to read our re...

Dazzle Video Creator Platinum HD combines a high-quality video capture device with easy-to-use Pinnacle Studio HD v.15 video editing software and Holl...