Corning Shadow Iris 3 Qt Sq. Cov. Casserole W/Glass Or Plastic Lid, Fine China - 2871986157 Reviews

KITCHEN : Shadow Iris 3 qt CorningWare Casserole

Feb 16, 2013

Pros:ORIGINAL PYROCERAM FORMULA

Cons:NONE NOTED

The Bottom Line:

Corning Ware® Vintage 1970s Pyroceram™ Shadow Iris Pattern, 8.5 Inch, Rounded Corner 3 quart Casserole is a good size for preparing a dish for Church potluck.

My 3 quart casserole standing just about 5 inches tall, with sides showing a subtle downward incline, creating a cookware piece having moderate taper top to bottom has been excellent for years for organizing a one dish meal for growing family, Scout Troop get together, Family holiday get togethers, as well as for serving baked potatoes, cooked recipes and more.

I like that casserole pans will nest in cupboard if there is more than one.  Over the years my first pieces were joined by others, all were well used during busy family rearing years, and it was not long before I had accumulated a number of varying sized casseroles.

Wispy Dutch Iris fill opposite side panels, jade leaves and stems are offset left, blossoms feature shades of plum, rose kissed mauve, and pale lilac.

I have been cooking with CorningWare cookware for many years; my love of the product has yet to wane. I find especially nice that the non-porous outer and inner face finish does not take in food stains odors, or flavors.

Robust glass lids are strong, lift knobs are easy clasp making lifting easier.  Poly storage lids are porous and may stain should tomato based foods touch the lids during storage. I have found poly lids will return to white if a dab of bleach is poured onto the stain and lid is rinsed with plain water.

For many years my various large and small CorningWare cookware pieces were used to prepare meals for family.  Now that it is just Husband and myself again I do get out the large sized casseroles now and again to use when creating a meal planned for cook once serve twice.

While neither Husband nor myself really want to eat the same dish night after night; Husband and I will eat planned over meal if it is not served too soon following the initial serving.  I often cook a casserole type meal in the 3 quart, and store left over portion in a smaller casserole dish in the freezer.

I realize that many homemakers have gone one beyond CorningWare to more modern products; I suppose I’m stuck in the 80s.  My love affair with Corning Ware began with my first ‘cornflower’ blue sauce pan and has yet to subside.

While I do have a few pieces of cookware manufactured by others, nevertheless CorningWare is most in evidence in my cupboards.  Today because I now look for pieces in which to cook and also collect for the sake of collecting my accumulation continues to grow.

Over the years I have enjoyed the original selling point that ultimately led to the downfall of the company producing the cookware; pieces can go from freezer to oven without fear of breakage.  Few pieces needed to be replaced meaning that once bought replacements are not likely to be needed.

Today I use microwave a good bit as well as conventional oven and have never had any problem with my CorningWare cookware in either setting.

Happy to recommend Corning Ware® Vintage 1970s Pyroceram™ Shadow Iris Pattern, 8.5 Inch, Rounded Corner 3 quart Casserole.

NOTE:  During the late 1950s and early 1960s when CorningWare was first introduced seven generations of Corning Ware were produced.

For many folks hearing CorningWare brings forth an instantaneous mental depiction of a white baking dish embellished with trademark Blue Cornflower pattern.

Even though manufacture of original Pyroceram formula had been discontinued inNorth America, continued creation of original formula never actually ended. Authentic original formula Corning Ware as well as Visions cookware continue to be made in Europe.  These manufactured goods enjoy stable demand in Asia and elsewhere during recent years.

I continue to find a good many pieces of vintage Corning Ware® as I search to add to a growing collection especially made up of Petite Pans, Menu-ettes, Grabbits, and Spice of Life, Iris and Cornflower blue items.

======================
P43 PETITE PAN
12 INCH ROASTER
PIE BAKER
===================

Happy to recommend Corning Ware® Vintage 1870s  Iris 12 Inch Rectangular Roaster

Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin
===================

For more product details, facts, and shipping information please check the SEE IT buttons

---------------------------

NOTE: The following is information regarding Corning Ware/World Kitchen LLC.

If you, as I, am/are a collector and not only have an interest in company information but need particular information regarding  company itself, where Pyroceram and Stoneware and Glass  items were manufactured and years of issue, as well as, where they may be offered for sale today and other pertinent information as available;

Please Read.

Should you not have such interest, Please skip.

----------------------------------------
From internet search including perusal of the CorningWare webpage: as happens with many new creations, CorningWare began as a lab mistake. First a furnace failed, rather than staying at 600C the temperature rose to 900c, however the glass did not melt.  That mistake was followed quickly by another when a chemist dropped the white glass produced in the first mistake instance and discovered that the glass produced didn't break.

This product that so many of us use began in 1953 when Pyroceram, a white pyrex-ceramic-like substance with capability to endure enormous variation in temperature, was developed by Dr. S. Donald Stookey of  the Corning research and development division.

Initially developed for the US space program; Pyroceram was developed from a substance originally meant for aU.S.ballistic missile program. Dr. Stookey's research centered around heat resistant material for nose cones.

It was the series of mistakes in the lab that led to the concept of Pyroceram and ultimately to the production of the first piece of Corning Ware in 1957.

World Kitchen, LLC
5500 N. Pearl Street Suite 400.
Rosemont, IL 60018

Corelle/corning Ware Compatibles Shadow Iris 1 Qt Thermal Server 1990 In Box

Corelle/corning Ware Compatibles Shadow Iris 1 Qt Thermal Server 1990 In Box

PLEASE VIEW MY NEW AUCTIONS DAILY. I COMBINE SHIPPING .PAYMENT IS BY PAYPAL ONLY AND PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 3 DAYS OF AUCTION END .CORELLE/CO...

Corelle Squares Shadow Iris 16 Piece Dinnerware Set Corning Ware 4 Place Settings New in Box New in the unopened box.Great looking tableware from Core...

Corelle Shadow Iris Rectangular Tray 07136

Corelle Shadow Iris Rectangular Tray 07136

Corelle 07136 This beautiful 11.5'' x 18'' tray is made of lightweight melamine and perfect for display or serving your guests. Understated and sophi...
Wayfair

Corelle Coordinates Microwave Cookware and Storage Set with Shadow Iris Design
Quill.com

Impressions 1.2-qt. Shadow Iris Personal Tea Kettle

Impressions 1.2-qt. Shadow Iris Personal Tea Kettle

REL1302: Features: -Includes Lid:Yes -Number of Items Included:1 -Hardware Material:Stainless steel -Distressed:No -Hardware Finish:Stainless Steel -C...

Corelle Coordinates 6-piece Shadow Iris Microwave Cookware Set

Corelle Coordinates 6-Piece Shadow Iris Microwave Cookware Set Item Description Reston Lloyd is a leading manufacturer and distributor of kitchenware,...

Corelle Impressions 1.2-qt. Shadow Iris Personal Tea Kettle

Corelle Impressions 1.2-qt. Shadow Iris Personal Tea Kettle

Overall Height - Top to Bottom: 7. Overall Width - Side to Side: 7.5
Quill.com

Corelle Coordinates Microwave Cookware and Storage Set with Shadow Iris Design 20136

Corelle 20136 This storage and cookware set will be your favorite item in the kitchen. Both unique and colorful there is so many things this set can ...
Wayfair

Corelle Coordinates 6-piece Shadow Iris Microwave Cookware Set

Corelle Coordinates 6-Piece Shadow Iris Microwave Cookware Set Features Adjustable Vent in Lids; Fitted Lids Set includes: 16-ounce, 28-ounce and 40-o...