Corning Spice Of Life 1 Pint Menuette Pan with Lid, Fine China - 28789407 Reviews

Corning Spice Of Life 1 Pint Menuette Pan with Lid, Fine China - 28789407

KITCHEN : Spice of Life Pint Menu-ette

Nov 10, 2012

Pros:

DURABLE, FUNCTIONAL, LONG WEARING

Cons:

NONE NOTED

The Bottom Line:

Pieces can be used on cooktop, store foods in freezer or refrigerator and can be used right out of the cold into the oven and then to the table.

Corning Ware® 1 pint Menu-Eette With Lid is a handy member of small original formula Pyroceram cookware pieces generated by this manufacturer.  I find Spice of Life pattern, offered as a selection of common and perhaps some not so common vegetables in shades of ochre, ginger, and a touch of avocado sprinkled with blossom heads of dill, to be a particularly appealing pattern especially suited to my own kitchen décor.

I have been using CorningWare cook and bakeware for many years and like it very much.

My Spice of Life Pattern, 1 Pint, Menu-ette measuring approximately an inch deep and having a 6.5 inches diameter was first proffered as the smallest element of a trio of 3 handled, miniature, skillet shaped, small pans.

The longer handle seen on my Spice, pint sized Menu-Eette indicates it was likely produced  later than 1972 when the original design was reworked a bit to create straighter  sides and somewhat longer handles.

As do many collectors; I am pleased to know the worth, longevity and expediency of vintage CorningWare has not waned from the days long ago when I first began purchasing items for kitchen use and not as a collectible that was also handy for using during cooking.

Then and now, I am particularly satisfied that these sturdy pieces can be used on cooktop and continues to be useful for storing foods in freezer or refrigerator and can be used right out of the cold into the oven and then to the table.

As a working mother during the early days of CorningWare production I liked then and maintain affection for preparing one dish meals, storing several in the freezer prepared for popping into oven and my coming home to a kitchen perfumed with the heady scent of supper just about ready for carrying to the table alongside some good crusty rolls, a salad, and perhaps some fresh fruit as hungry Husband and children gathered for family suppertime.

I bought my first Menu-Ette pans in Cornflower Blue pattern soon after they were offered back in the late 60s – early 70s.  It was a time when prices were much less than is seen today and those small pans were used it for a variety of recipes including scrambling an egg or two, cooking a small potato or two or a few sausage links and the like when it was just Husband and myself .

As family grew and appetites increased; those small pans were used to prepare small boy lunch and snack items.

Now that just Husband and I are home alone much of the time; always hungry teen Sons and their equally famished friends have grown up, have families of their own, and I no long use the really large pans I once did; my smaller pans in a nice selection of patterns including those early blue in addition to my pretty Spice of Life as well as others as I locate them on tables at garage and yard sales or on the shelves of local jumble shops, are being used more and more as our appetites are beginning to wane due to age.

While I did use earlier pieces in the conventional oven most of the time; today I commonly use cookware items in the microwave.  I have yet to have problem with any of my varied casseroles, baking pans, skillets or other Pyroceram CorningWare pieces.

I have been using Pyroceram CorningWare cookware in my kitchen for decades and continue to like it very much.  And, I like the search for vintage pieces; the glossy, white, non-porous surface does not attract or retain food flavors, odors, or stains. My current purchases are as usable and dazzling as were the ones I first bought and continue to use for so many years.

During the interlude from the late 1950s and early 1960s when CorningWare first appeared on the market a total of seven generations of Corning Ware have been produced. For many folks the term CorningWare evokes an instant mental picture of a white Pyroceram baking/cookware dish featuring a trademark Blue Cornflower pattern however, many other pattern designs featuring Iris, Spice of Life and others have been produced via the original formula as well as StoneWare pieces in the popular French White as well.

Even though fabrication of the unique Pyroceram formula had been discontinued inNorth Americafor a time, manufacture of innovative designs never came to an inclusive end. Some genuine, original recipe Corning Ware and Visions pieces continue to be made inEurope.

I am happy to continue to come across a good many pieces of vintage Pyroceram CorningWare® as I search to add to a growing collection especially made up of Petite Pans, Menu-ettes, Grabbits, and especially any Spice of Life, Iris and Cornflower blue items.

Just seeing or using my appealing CorningWare pieces calls to mind pleasurable memories regarding little boys, and talk and eating meals together during warm happy family times.

Happy to recommend Corning Ware® 1 pint Menu-Eette With Lid.

MORE CORNING WARE REVIEWS
1.5 qt SPICE Casserole

Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin

===================

For more product details, facts, and shipping information please check SEE IT buttons

Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin

===========================

For more product details, facts, and shipping information please check the Macy’s or Replacements.com SEE IT buttons

-------------------------------

NOTE: The following is information regarding Corning Ware/World Kitchen LLC.

If you, as I, am/are a collector and not only have an interest in company information but need particular information regarding  company itself, where Pyroceram and Stoneware and Glass  items were manufactured and years of issue, as well as, where they may be offered for sale today and other pertinent information as available;
 Please Read.

Should you not have such interest, Please skip.

-------------------------------

Internet search including perusal of The CorningWare website indicates: as happens with many new creations, CorningWare began as a lab mistake. First a furnace failed, rather than staying at 600C the temperature rose to 900c, however the glass did not melt.  That mistake was followed quickly by another when a chemist dropped the white glass produced in the first mistake instance and discovered that the glass produced didn't break.

This product that so many of us use began in 1953 when Pyroceram, a white pyrex-ceramic-like substance with capability to endure enormous variation in temperature, was developed by Dr. S. Donald Stookey of theCorning research and development division.

Initially developed for theUSspace program; Pyroceram was developed from a substance originally meant for aU.S.ballistic missile program. Dr. Stookey's research centered around heat resistant material for nose cones.

It was the series of mistakes in the lab that led to the concept of Pyroceram and ultimately to the production of the first piece of Corning Ware in 1957.  The French White page on the CorningWare online page states: Versatile yet stylish, CorningWare® French White bakeware is simple, from start to finish!  The timeless French White collection with its crisp white fluted design is right at home for casual everyday dinners or for formal candlelight parties. From the oven, to the table, to the freezer this collection is lovely enough to serve with and trustworthy enough to bake everyday with.

1989 Corning Glass Works changed its name to Corning Incorporated.

1998 sold to Borden Incorporated

2000 name changed to World Kitchen Inc

2006 name changed to World Kitchen LLC

World Kitchen, LLC
5500 N. Pearl Street Suite 400.
Rosemont, IL60018

Corning Country Festival 1 Pint Menuette Pan with Lid, Fine China Dinnerware - 2 Blue Birds & Red Flowers

Corning - Corning Country Festival 1 Pint Menuette Pan with Lid - 2 Blue Birds & Red Flowers
Replacements, Ltd.

Corning Country Festival 1.5 Pint Menuette Pan & Lid, Fine China Dinnerware - 2 Blue Birds & Red Flowers

Corning - Corning Country Festival 1.5 Pint Menuette Pan & Lid - 2 Blue Birds & Red Flowers
Replacements, Ltd.

Corning Shadow Iris 1 Pint Menuette Pan with Lid, Fine China Dinnerware - Corelle, Purple Flowers, Green Trim

Corning - Corning Shadow Iris 1 Pint Menuette Pan with Lid - Corelle, Purple Flowers, Green Trim
Replacements, Ltd.

Corning Spice Of Life Mustard Dispenser, Fine China Dinnerware - Centura,Vegetable Band

Corning - Corning Spice Of Life Mustard Dispenser - Centura,Vegetable Band
Replacements, Ltd.

Corning Spice Of Life Dinner Plate, Fine China Dinnerware - Centura,Vegetable Band

Corning - Corning Spice Of Life Dinner Plate - Centura,Vegetable Band
Replacements, Ltd.

Corning Spice Of Life Petite Pan with Lid, Fine China Dinnerware - Centura,Vegetable Band

Corning - Corning Spice Of Life Petite Pan with Lid - Centura,Vegetable Band
Replacements, Ltd.

Corning Spice Of Life Petite Pan, No Lid, Fine China Dinnerware - Centura,Vegetable Band

Corning - Corning Spice Of Life Petite Pan, No Lid - Centura,Vegetable Band

Corning - Corning Spice Of Life Creamer - Centura,Vegetable Band

Corning - Corning Spice Of Life Creamer - Centura,Vegetable Band
Replacements, Ltd.

Corning Spice Of Life Ketchup Dispenser, Fine China Dinnerware - Centura,Vegetable Band

Corning - Corning Spice Of Life Ketchup Dispenser - Centura,Vegetable Band