CLASSROOM : Class Rules Chart

Jun 3, 2012

Pros:THUMBS UP FROM OSAGE COUNTY FIRST GRADE

Cons:NONE NOTED

The Bottom Line: A particularly handsome poster, the centered area is white blue lines.

Note: as with most of the items I review in this category the items are not toys, games, game pieces, game boards, game devices, or cards to use in game apparatus, nor are they office materials per se, rather these are classroom type materials created by educational publishers and intended for use with Early Childhood, primary and older age students in a classroom or home school environment.

This product is a  bordered, lined, blank Class Rules chart
===

Creative Teaching Press, Dots on Turquoise Class Rules Chart measuring 17 x 22 inches includes activities and reproducibles.

This handy write on, erase, reusable poster is planned for classroom usage.  Crafted of durable card stock type paper generated from quality raw materials carefully chosen to meet federal and industry standards regarding durability, safety and use around children, the paper is printed using non hazardous inks in child pleasing, eye catching shades.

A particularly handsome poster, the centered area is white, lined for ease of writing , and bordered first with a thin turquoise line, followed by a slotted lined and finally a wide turquoise border upon which is sprinkled myriad dots in magenta, white, orange, blue, yellow.

The words class rules continue the color palette theme.  c is turquoise splashed with paisley, l is chartreuse splashed with pale dots, a is multi hued stripes, s is outlined in café au lait, while the second s is pale blue dotted with magenta, r is teal outlined in magenta and sprinkled with multiple dots, u is pale blue with a dark, meandering line filled with dots,  l is a multi stripe, e is magenta outline with a dotted pink thin line e and s is turquoise with multi tone dots.

I like realistically priced, student pleasing, teacher affordable materials when searching for items for my Osage County First Grade.  I find this powerfully colored chart to be especially valuable in helping Little Learners begin to formulate the rules for our class to use.  It is important for Little Learners to understand the reason for boundaries in behavior.  Boundaries help make it easier to do what is  needed in order to accomplish what must be done in the classroom, and to do it with everyone having the same opportunity for praise and reward.

While I do guide the discussion, and each year move the thinking of Little Learners in the direction I want the rules to take, the rules are never more than 4, and state simply, Listen, Work, No hitting, and No cussing.  These are the basics for our classroom.

During the beginning weeks of the new school year I teach procedure for lining up, walking in corridors, doing work, and the like.  Procedures are simply how we accomplish what we need get accomplished in order to move quietly in hallways, and getting done more successfully and are not rules.

Rules are the system we live by, whether as children or as adults, rules are the methodology our society uses to even the playing field, give everyone equal opportunity and establish for everyone the same boundaries in order to help our society, whether classroom or society as a whole, remain a place where everyone knows what is expected and acceptable behavior and what is not.  Clearly delineating the boundaries helps to assure each child understand what is expected of him in order to do what is – right - and what is not.

Made of poster paper, I laminated the chart, as I do most similar teaching aids to assure longer classroom life.

Happy to recommend  Creative Teaching Press, Dots on Turquoise Class Rules Chart

NOTE : coordinates with other Dots on Turquoise pieces

===================

NOTE:  I find Creative Teaching Press Items available online from a wide diversity of websites as well as on the shelves of walk in brick and mortar shops catering to the classroom, education and home school market.  Price varies by when and where the products are purchased.

MORE CTP REVIEWS
POSITIVE WORDS
Teacher I’m Done, Now What Do I Do G 1 – 2
POLKA DOTS

Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin

For more information please click the SEE IT BUTTON and vendor links

---------------------

NOTE: The following is information regarding Creative Teaching Press Incorporated.

If you, as I, have an interest in company information in particular information regarding where items are offered, safety standards regarding materials used,  and suitability for classroom usage due to expertise of designers and the publisher or other pertinent classroom based information ,

Please Read;

Should you not have such interest, Please skip.

---------------------

Internet search including the Creative Teaching Press website indicates: Creative Teaching Press (CTP) is a family-owned and teacher-managed supplemental educational publisher for grades PreK-8.

In 1965, Luella Connelly launched a company she planned  would pick up where textbooks left off. After 17 years in the classroom, she knew that students often needed something beyond textbooks to reinforce skills in a creative and comfortable way.

Today CTP is a recognized leader in the industry and offers a wide variety of learning décor and research-based, teacher-tested products that deliver standards-driven content including: phonics, reading, writing, math, science, and social studies. CTP celebrates more than four decades of providing parents and teachers with high-quality, easy-to-use solutions.

Creative Teaching Press