Creative WP-300 Headband Wireless Headphones - Black Reviews

Creative WP-300 Headband Wireless Headphones - Black

Fine Bluetooth quality and convenience at a reasonable price

Dec 22, 2011

Pros:Comfortable, reasonably priced, good quality sound, easy to pair

Cons:None so far!

The Bottom Line: Quality untethered Bluetooth headphones at a reasonable price from Creative Labs.

I recently discovered something I needed but could not find before. Creative WP-300 Wireless Bluetooth headphones. Welcome to untethered listening.
Has there ever been a computer user who, with earphones or ear-plugs in place, gets up from their chair forgetting that the darned things are plugged into the box? I doubt it. That mild but still shocking and mildly irritating tug reminds us immediately that we have hard-wired our ears to the computer to listen to something. Whether what is plugged in is a set of cheap ear-buds or an expensive set of high-end audiophile head-phones, the tethered experience is always limiting at best. Finally, there is a good alternative. The Creative WP-300 Wireless Bluetooth Headset does the job well and without wires!

Bluetooth technology is not new. It has been around for some years now. Developed and marketed, initially, to allow for wireless headsets to interact with cell phones for drivers, the technology has been subsequently applied to other devices as well. Computer keyboards and mice have become increasingly popular Bluetooth devices. Now, another important need has been met with the introduction of Bluetooth headsets.

Creative is a trusted brand of consumer electronics and my hopes and expectations for these headphones was surprisingly exceeded.
These WP-300 Bluetooth headphones connect easily and quickly with any Bluetooth enabled device. This capacity can be either built in (as it is with most modern laptop computers) or provided by plugging in a small Bluetooth dongle to a USB port in any computer. Once set up, the connection responds any time the headset is powered on and in range (within 30 feet or so) of the broadcasting device.

The WP-300 headphones are powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery via a USB charging cable when it is connected to your computer. The earphones also have controls for volume and track forward/backwards options (a function not commonly found on headsets.) The sound I hear through them is genuine high fidelity. The headphones bring no distortion whatever to the sound of what is being played.

Technically, the Frequency Response of these Creative WP-300 Bluetooth headphones is 18 – 22,000 Hz with Impedence of 32 Ohms. The rated Sensitivity is 102dB/mW (1kHz.) It is worth noting that these technical capacities are in line with many high-end wired earphones. The Bluetooth version is 2.1 and the working distance is the standard Bluetooth range of about 33 ft. They are light and comfortable to wear having been thoughtfully ergonomically engineered for the human head!

Being able to stand up and move away from the computer (laptop or desktop) while continuing to listen to something that sounds as good (or better) then it would through good quality speakers provides a real feeling of freedom from the ear-leashes we have become so accustomed to.

Free your body and enjoy sound on the move with these WP-300 Bluetooth headphones.

Your browser does not support JavaScript. To view this page, enable JavaScript if it is disabled or upgrade your browser. Click Here. Double your traf...