Crest 3d White Glamorous White Teeth Whitening Vibrant Mint Toothpaste 4.1 Oz (037000812807) Reviews

Brighten Your Smile: Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Toothpaste

Nov 30, 2012 (Updated Nov 30, 2012)

Pros:Shinier teeth with regular brushing, leaves mouth feeling fresh and clean, minty flavor

Cons:A bit pricey, Unsure about claims of fighting cavities and removing tartar

The Bottom Line: Claims of whitening teeth may be a bit exaggerated, but it does leave the teeth with a shiny glow and fresh, clean, feeling

I am always a little skeptical about dental hygiene products that claim to achieve amazing results such as "kills germs," fights cavities," "removes tartar," and "whitens teeth." However, during my last trip to the dentist office for my regular teeth cleaning, my dental care package included a travel sized tube of Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Toothpaste. I decided to give it a try, and I was actually a little surprised by the results. I have been using this toothpaste daily now for about a week. While I haven't exactly been able to tell a significant difference in the color of my teeth, this toothpaste does leave my teeth with a glowing shine, and my mouth with nice minty taste, and refreshing sensation. I still prefer my old standby Close-Up over this product, but I have to admit that this toothpaste, at least partially, lives up to its billing.

The Company:

A product of Procter & Gamble Crest Toothpaste is made in Germany and the United Sates and is sold worldwide. It was first introduced in the United Sates in 1955. The Crest brand has been associated with approximately twenty brands of dental care products including toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash, and dental floss. Additional tooth-whitening products include Crest White-strips, Crest Pro- Health, Crest 3D White toothpaste, Crest Tartar Protection toothpaste, Crest Whitening, and Scope flavored toothpaste.

The Product:

The Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous Toothpaste features a pasty white color with blue stripes. During the brushing process, I noticed a cool, fresh feeling in my mouth, and slightly minty aftertaste after brushing. I also noticed that this toothpaste tends to be a bit more "lathery" than most other toothpastes, which seems to suggest that the "foaming action" which it claims removes surface stains, may in fact have some merit. This product also claims to fight cavities and tartar and remove 90% of surface stains in just 5 days.

As a regular coffee drinker, I did not expect this product to suddenly turn my teeth pearly white, and that is certainly not the case. However, I did notice a bit of a shiny glean on the surface of my teeth after brushing, as well, as a nice, clean, refreshing sensation in my mouth.

Ingredients:

Ingredients in the Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Toothpaste include: water, sorbitol, hydrated silica, disodium pyrophosphate,sodium laurel sulfate flavor, cellulose gum, sodium hydroxide, sodium saccharin, carbomer, xanthan gum, polyethylenemica titanium dioxide, and blue 1 lake. This product also includes the active ingredient sodium flouride which aides in fighting cavities and Triclosan, and active anti-gingivitis agent.

Overall Recommendation:

As someone who is serious about dental hygiene, I like to try different products from time to time. Although I was a bit skeptical about Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White Toothpaste's claims that it "removes 90% of surface stains after just one brushing," I have to admit that while my teeth are not glowing white after using this product, I have notice a shiny glean immediately after brushing my teeth with this toothpaste. The minty flavor also leaves my teeth feeling fresh and clean.

While I cannot speak to this products claims of removing tartar and fighting cavities, I do agree that it may help brighten your smile, even for regular coffee drinkers like  me. It is a bit pricey at around $4.50 per 5.8 oz package. However, for those willing to pay the extra price, this toothpaste may be worth the extra cost for cleaner, shinier, teeth and a more vibrant smile.

Crest 3d White Glamorous White Teeth Whitening Vibrant Mint Toothpaste 4.1 Oz