Dell Dell - 23 Inspiron All-In-One Computer - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive (500 GB, Intel Pentium Pro, 4 GB) Desktop - IO23200944BK Reviews

Top notch, easy use, I'm still in love

Jan 4, 2013

Pros:Easy to set up
Quiet
Durable
Touch screen worth the extra price

Cons:Tad expensive for the touch screen.
location of power switch.

The Bottom Line: Highly recommend.

I've waited a year to write a review for this all-in-one computer because everyone loves their computer (usually) at first blush.  I've had the Inspiron One 2320 for 11 months now, and I'm as happy with it now as I was when I bought it.

First, like many computer users, I'm not an expert (so if you want a review that compares bits, bytes, and speed, and is highly technical, look elsewhere).  Basically, I want to plug it in and move on with life, I don't want hassles, and I'm frustrated when things don't go right with it.  I don't want to call Dell to complain, and I don't want to deal with their customer service.  Been there, done that on other models.  Second, my usage is entirely word processing, email, surfing, facebook, and a modest use of online games.  Some of my word processing files are substantial, with pictures, graphs, charts, etc (I'm a writer and editor), so I need it to handle large files.  Are they huge files?  No, but they are large enough and I don't want issues.

This said, this mid-range computer has met every need and then some, and it continues to please me and make my life easier 11 months on.  It   fits nicely on the desk without cluttering up the floor space, and is sufficiently compact to provide extra room behind it, and enough room in front and below to store my keyboard.  Noise level is very low. The JBL speakers are built in, but I can augment them with others if I want to.  I also have a second monitor connected to it, to allow me to pull up additional documents and keep them, full-sized, in view without having to switch windows or tabs.

The touch screen was a new experience for me, and a last minute, impulse addition.  I've never used one except on my iPhone and the like, so it's been a novelty.  I'm not likely to be without one again.  It makes tracing maps in Inkscape (or similar programs) easy: I just use the stylus or my finger, even.  It even is functional for example, when the batteries are dead, I can use a stylus or even my finger.  The downside to the touch screen: in the warmer weather, the stink bugs tend to give it fits.

It as 4 USB ports, 2 on the side, and 2 in the back, which are sufficient for my needs.  I can plug in a jump drive, or use it to charge my cell phone. There are a variety of other ports, most of which I don't use, including some gaming ports.  I have the 4 GB Ram, although a higher one was available.  It is 64 bit, which has prevented me from using some old 32 bit programs, but I can run those on an old notebook if necessary.

The monitor is a brilliant display, and it has an integrated webcam at the top center; it came installed with facial recognition software, which is cool, but I usually don't use it.  The DVR-RW drive on the side seemed odd to me at first (I'm used to having drives that are parallel to the floor, not perpendicular), but I've become accustomed to it.

The on-off switch is located immediately beside some of the speaker volume controls, which makes it easy to switch the computer off by mistake.

I'd buy this again in a heart-beat (or buy whatever is the latest version of it).  It is by far the best functioning Dell I've had in a while, and that's not just because it's running a more proven version of Windows, but I think it's because of it's design and specs.  I'm a long-term Dell user, and I've had some loser computers (Zino leaps to mind).  But this one, even after 11 months, is still speedy, still easy to use, and has shown no signs of wearing down.

Operating System: Windows
Processor: Other
Processor speed: 301-400
RAM: More than 256
Internal Storage: CD-RW and DVD
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

Dell Inspiron 23 All-in-One Touch Core i3 8GB1TB HD

Dell Inspiron 23 All-in-One Touch Core i3 8GB1TB HD

Take your home office to the next level with the Dell Inspiron 5348 all-in-one PC.
QVC

Dell - Inspiron 23 Touch-Screen All-In-One Computer - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive

Learn more about the New Windows This Dell Inspiron IO2350T-1670BLK all-in-one computer's 23 10-finger capacitive touch screen simplifies content navi...
Best Buy

Dell Inspiron One 2330 All-in-One Desktop Computer- 3rd Generation Intel Core i3-3240 processor (3M Cache, 3.4 GHz). Memory: 6GB Dual Channel DDR3 160...
Dell

Dell Inspiron 20 Black All-In-One Desktop Computer - I3048-2285BLK

Dell Inspiron 20 Black All-In-One Desktop Computer - I3048-2285BLK

2.60GHz Intel Pentium G3220T Processor/ 20 (1600x900) LED Backlit Display/ 4GB DDR3L SDRAM Memory/ 1TB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive/ 3MB Cache/ Memory Car...
Abt Electronics

DELL - Dell Inspiron All-In-One PC - Intel Celeron N2830 2.16GHz, 4GB Memory,, All-In-One

Dell Inspiron 19.5' All-In-One PC Get a superb computing experience with the new Dell Inspiron 19.5' All-In-One PC. This all-in-one computer is equipp...
TigerDirect.com

Dell - Inspiron One 20 All-In-One Computer - 4GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive

Dell - Inspiron One 20 All-In-One Computer - 4GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive

Processor Brand Intel Processor Intel Pentium Processor Speed 2.6GHzCache Memory 3MBSystem Memory (RAM) 4GBSystem Memory (RAM) Expandable To 8GBType o...
Dell Inspiron 23 i5348-8889BLK Touchscreen All-in-One

Dell Inspiron 23 i5348-8889BLK Touchscreen All-in-One

23-inch Full HD touchscreen Intel i7 4th Gen 12GB memory/1TB HDD
Microsoft Store

Dell Inspiron 23 All-in-One Touch PC - 4GB, 1TB HDD, Pentium

Dell Inspiron 23 All-in-One Touch PC - 4GB, 1TB HDD, Pentium

Packed with power, the Dell Inspiron 5348 all-in-one PC is engineered to perform.
QVC

Learn more about the New Windows This Dell Inspiron IO2350T-16670BLK all-in-one computer's 23 10-finger capacitive touch screen lets you intuitively n...
Best Buy

Dell Inspiron Io2330-2274bk 23 All-in-one Desktop 2.9ghz 4gb 500gb Dvdrw Bt

Dell Inspiron Io2330-2274bk 23 All-in-one Desktop 2.9ghz 4gb 500gb Dvdrw Bt

Brand New, Sealed in the original box, Never Used!Dell Inspiron io2330-2274BK 23-Inch All-in-One Desktop (Black)Intel Pentium G2020 Dual Core Processo...