-40%
Disney's Greatest, Vol. 2 by Disney (CD, Jan-2010, Disney) Reviews

Disney's Greatest, Vol. 2 by Disney (CD, Jan-2010, Disney)

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

Disney’s Greatest, Volume 2 – Lean & Mean

Feb 9, 2012

Pros:A great mix of classic and recent Disney selections for fans of all ages

Cons:Most are obvious choices, meaning Disney fans likely own most of the songs already

The Bottom Line:

Most fans will own most of the, but this is a great starter for a collection or a good CD for those looking for a few hits in one place

With a Disney vacation only a couple of months away, I’ve been trying to get my kids in the mood for the trip by breaking out some of my Disney albums that have been collecting dust.

Disney has released an abundance of albums over the years containing many of the selections from their film’s catalogs. One such offering was a three disc set released between 2001 and 2002 which covered 60 of their greatest (and not so great) songs from their films and theme parks. The second album in the set was called Disney’s Greatest Hits Volume 2 and featured the following track list:

1. You’ll Be in My Heart
17. The Second Star to the Right
18. Little April Showers
19. I’ve Got No Strings
20. Some Day My Prince Will Come

At face value, this is a top quality CD featuring music spanning nearly 7 decades of Disney history. It features a few of the most recognizable songs in Disney’s catalog, such as recent hits in “Be Our Guest” from Beauty and the Beast and “Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid, as well as classics like “The Bare Necessities” from The Jungle Book. My children haven’t even seen The Jungle Book and they know the song, which speaks volumes.

There is something for everyone, with songs from Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Bambi. Younger kids and teenagers will recognize the more recent songs from films like Mulan, Tarzan and Hercules, even if they are far less necessary to a collection like this.

Still, while this is a great album on its own, most true Disney fans will own many of the songs already from previous collections or the film’s original soundtracks. While it is nice to have “The Ballad of Davy Crockett”, do I need yet another copy of “Hakuna Matata?” On the other hand, could you sell an album of one without the other?

Overall, this is a great starter album for fans of Disney music that don’t have most of the songs already. With personal favorites like “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” and “Little April Showers” surrounded by a nice mix of classics and recent fare, you could do far worse than picking up this album for the $10 it is going for today. Just be aware that most Disney fans will have many of the offerings provided here on one album or another already.

Great Music to Play While: Driving

Disney's Greatest, Vol. 2
Includes liner notes by Leonard Maltin.This is part of Walt Disney Records DISNEY'S GREATEST series.Adapter: Stephen Schwartz.Personnel: David Ogden S...