Dixie Ultra Pathways Heavyweight Paper Plates DXESXP9PATH - 78731940711 Reviews

Dixie Ultra Pathways Heavyweight Paper Plates DXESXP9PATH - 78731940711

Strong Disposable Dixie Paper Plates

Mar 29, 2012

Pros:Strong and durable, leak proof, cheap in bulk

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: For a crowd these really do help since there are no plates to wash!

When it comes to paper plates there are many different types to choose from. The cheapest way to buy them is in bulk at warehouse stores such as Sam's Club and Costco. A large box will last forever.

We recently had a large family get together when two members of my husband's family passed away. It was like a miniature family reunion every day at lunch and every evening at dinner. Between family and friends we had between 8-16 people each time we ate! We went through a lot of disposable kitchenware.

One of my husband's cousins gave my mother-in-law a huge bag of Dixie Ultra Paper Plates that they picked up at Sam's Club. I thought it was overkill at first, but when we used half of the bag  in just over a week I realized what a great buy these plates were. Had we purchased smaller packages in the local grocery store, we would have spent a small fortune.

These plates were very thick and sturdy and they didn't bend when they were filled with food.  Even a meal of beef brisket held up nicely.  The plates had a thin coating on the top that made them leak proof, and they also had a nice deep rim so meat juices didn't run off.

They are available in a variety of sizes, but ours were around seven inches in diameter.  That size worked great for breakfast and lunch, but did tend to be on the small size for dinners.  When we served dinner on these plates we always used a separate, clean plate for serving dessert (and sometimes we served desserts such as ice cream out of paper cups).  The plates had a light tan design around the edge that gave them a slightly more elegant look over plain white paper plates.

With so many people in my mom's home, it was great to have the paper plates on hand so clean up was faster and easier, otherwise there is no way we would have been able to get all of the dishes in the dishwasher!  I will say that after a week my mom's garbage cans were over flowing, so I hate to think of products like these clogging up our landfills.  I would not purchase these on a regular basis, I am way too frugal for that, but they sure did serve a great purpose for our family.

The only other drawback to a large bag of paper plates such as these is having enough space to store them.  My mom kept them on a shelf in her garage, which worked well.