Dyson DC35 Animal - Blue Gray - Stick Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

Dyson DC35 Animal - Blue Gray - Stick Vacuum Cleaner

Worth the price in the right circumstances

Aug 9, 2012

Pros:Lightweight, quick charge, good suction with the right vaccuum head on the right surface.

Cons:Expensive.  The included carpet-brush vaccuum head reduces the effectiveness of the handheld.

The Bottom Line: Buy it for hardwood floors if you can get a better-than-list price.  Then buy the hardwood vaccuum head.

I lucked into the right combination of price, attachments and need, so keep in mind that this is not going to apply to everyone.

First, we have hard flooring throughout the house.  If we had even one room of carpet, this little vaccuum would've been an iffy proposition.

Second, we already had a Dyson vaccuum - a cannister model - AND we already had the hard floor vaccuum head for the cannister.  All of Dyson's vaccuum parts are interchangeable, so I knew the hardwood vaccuum head would work with the handheld.

Finally, I found the handheld on sale on WOOT for $199.

So what we ended up with was a lightweight vaccuum with plenty of runtime and suction for hardwood floors as long as we use the hardwood attachment.   The thing only weighs a few pounds including the hose extension and only runs when the trigger is pulled so there's no cannister to drag through the house or cord to keep untangled.  The bagless dirt cup is just big enough for the whole house.  Best of all is that for any job where we would've just grabbed the broom and the dustpan, we can use the Dyson handheld even more quickly.

The Handheld comes with a powered vaccuum head that brushes carpets but the beater brush doesn't help on hardwood and only serves to sap the vaccuum strength.

The Dyson DC35 Multi floor is a Dyson Digital Slim cordless vacuum cleaner for every floor type. It features a detachable long-reach wand and a motori...
Dyson refurbished vacuums have been stripped down, cleaned out, reassembled and thoroughly tested. Theyre restored to a fully functional condition. In...
The Dyson Digital Slim vacuum cleaner has twice the suction power of any other lightweight cordless vacuum cleaner in use, making it the most powerful...