-29%

Dyson DC44 Animal - Gray - Stick Vacuum Cleaner

Free Shipping Target

This Dyson Really Sucks - In a good way

Feb 1, 2013

Pros:Lighweight.  I can easily pick up the unit and vacuum my blinds and molding.

Cons:No mounting hardware.  Took me longer to find screws and sheetrock anchors than to mount.

The Bottom Line: Highly recommended.  If you're on the fence, try it.  It works as well as you'd expect a Dyson to work.

I hesitated before purchasing this cordless vacuum because all the others I had tried in the past had been a bitter disappointment.  I finally broke down and bought it online after seeing an in-store display for the DC44 and the DC35.  I settled on the 44 because of the extended run time of the battery, which they say is 20 minutes.  I've only used it a few times and it hasn't run out on me yet.  It's hard to vacuum for 20 minutes straight unless you have an amazing amount of square footage.

We put hardwoods in the first floor of our home and this unit does an amazing job.  I got tired of sweeping and friends of mine were not happy with their Swiffer vacs because they said it leaves behind heavier debris, like a lot of dog hair.  That wouldn't work for me.  I have only one cat and one dog, but keeping up with the hair is a full time job.  I did the entire downstairs, including the throw rugs, and the stairs, and the machine was still running.

Now, I will say this...the battery had a charge when it arrived and like others had posted, when the battery is depleted, it's depleted.  There is no winding down of the motor like you'd hear in a cordless drill or other cordless vacuums that I've tried.  This unit works at full power or not all.  I like that about it.

The Dyson DC44 comes with 3 handy attachments and a filter that apparently captures micro-particals according to other reviews. I checked mine after 3 uses and it's still white as can be.  You just have to rinse it out under cold water once a month.  This thing sucks!  I was impressed.  I vacuumed my stairs, then broke out my big Dyson and re-vacuumed them...the canister was empty.  It had picked up every bit of dog and cat hair and miscellanious particals that had collected there since the last vacuum.

There is zero kick-back of particals hitting your legs when you vacuum hard surfaces like you get with a regular machine.

We saw this everywhere for $399 dollars, but another Epinions poster wrote that he paid only $299 for his.  Game on!  I finally found a brand new unit for $299 tax and shipping...total damage $320.

The instructions for this unit couldn't be any simplier.  They are all pictures and it clearly states how far off the floor to mount the unit.

The greastest pro is that by putting the Dyson into its' tray, it's set to charge and you don't have to plug anything in everytime you want to use the unit.  If you put it in its proper place, it will be charged and ready to go when you want it.

Find vacuums and power floor sweepers at Target.com! Dyson dc44 animal plus cordless vacuum cleaner for pet owners . Dc44 animal is a dyson digital sl...

Keep your bare and carpeted floors spotless with this Dyson DC44 Animal handheld/stick vacuum that features Root Cyclone technology to maintain strong...