Konica Minolta Maxxum APO G 80-200mm f/2.8 APO Lens For Minolta/Sony

Get good pictures of your neighbors with this one!!!

May 8, 2000 (Updated May 10, 2000)

Pros:Durable, fast shutter speeds, lightweight

Cons:No zoom

I don't own one of these lenses, but the newspaper I used to work for owned one. I used this lens many Friday nights to shoot local football games. I wish that I had about $1000 to buy one (or at least that's what I think it costs).

This lens is indestructible! There were many different people who used this lens at the newspaper and I know that some of them didn't take care of it as well as I did (I could tell by looking at their own equipment). After a couple of years of being used almost everyday by many different people, we never had to have any work done on it other than general cleanings.

One of the best things about this lens is the maximum aperture setting. 2.8 will allow you to get some of the quickest shutter speeds, which is very important, especially when shooting sports. The football games were at night with decent lighting and I was still able to get shutter speeds around 1/200 of a second. A shutter speed that fast will definitely stop the action for football.

This lens is also very light weight. You don't have to worry about carrying a pulley system to use this one. You don't even have to have a monopod to shoot football. An average person can hold this one up without strain for an entire game without problem.

The only major drawback of this lens is that it is not a zoom lens. If the action gets too close, you have to be very good in order to get what you want in the frame. Also, if the action is far away, sometimes you have trouble getting close enough with this lens due to the lack of being able to reach farther than 200mm.

The Minolta 200mm f2.8 lens is one of the best lenses I have ever used. I just wish I could have afforded to buy one for myself when I was working at the newspaper. It would have made my life much easier and I would have gotten better pictures.

Charger for Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D 7D

Charger for Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D 7D

ASWSquare Trade AP6.0 STSEALHTMLENDThe ACDC Battery Charger for Konica Minolta NP400 Battery Fea...
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Digital Camera Battery - Replacement Battery for D-LI50

Buying a battery or charger is not the most exciting purchase you will ever make. We know that. But the music you want to listen to, the pictures you ...
KONICA MINOLTA magicolor 1600W Personal Color Laser Printer

KONICA MINOLTA magicolor 1600W Personal Color Laser Printer

Part# A034011 Color Print Speed Up to 5 ppm Black Print Quality 1200 x 600 dpi Max. Duty Cycle Up to 35,000 pages monthly Input Capacity, std. 200-she...
Newegg.com

Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Digital Camera Battery - Replacement Battery for D-LI50

Konica Minolta Imaging Unit

Konica Minolta Imaging Unit

Konica Minolta KNMA0VU011 magicolor 1600 1650 1680 1690 Series Imaging Unit Mono 45000 Color 11250 Yield
Shoplet.com

Minolta - Maxxum 300si 35mm SLR Film Camera Body, Film Cameras

Minolta - Maxxum 300si 35mm SLR Film Camera Body, Film Cameras

Minolta Minolta Maxxum 300si 35mm SLR Film Camera Body Minolta Maxxum 300si 35mm SLR Film Camera Body embodies many of the characteristics that will a...
Adorama

Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Digital Camera Battery + Charger Kit - Replacement Kit for D-LI50

Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Digital Camera Battery + Charger Kit - Replacement Kit for D-LI50

KONICA MINOLTA magicolor 4750EN Up to 31 ppm 600 x 600 dpi Color Print Quality Color Laser Printer

Buy KONICA MINOLTA magicolor 4750EN A0VD011 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg&#33
Newegg.com

Konica Minolta Part # TN-216K Black Toner Cartridge - 29.000 Pages (A11G131) - tn-216k

Konica Minolta TN-216K Compatible Black Toner Cartridge (A11G131)
Quickship.com