Sony MDR-V300 Headphones

Affordable Good Quality Stereo Headphones

May 8, 2004 (Updated Feb 19, 2007)

Pros:Looks good, sounds good, unimatch plug, good price for what quality it gives.

Cons:At first it is uncomfortable, but later it's no problem.

The Bottom Line: For those seeking the perfect package, here it is. Beauty, Quality, Price, and Practicallity.

I have been looking for headphones for a while. I have a Sony Streetstyle pair but they're the lightweight cheap kind of headphones. I wanted to see what kind of quality I would get with Stereo Headphones. BIG difference.

The Sony MDR-V300 Stereo Headphones are about $60 but this is relatively a good price for the quality it gives you as compared to other headphones. Some headphones are too big, covering the whole ear. These headphones are just about the right size. And they look very nice too.

SOUND QUALITY
Way better sound than your average $20 or less headphones. The best music to play on them are techno/trance/house or hiphop. The bass is excellent and the sound is full. It plays all music very well with the perfect amount of bass and the high notes are done very well. I couldn't really find better quality headphones at this price!

COMFORT
At first, it will feel uncomfortable. It's only because they are new and you have to fit them in and know how to wear them. Don't return these headphones just because when you first put them on they hurt. In about two days they will feel very comfy and more loose. They are not made of that cheap foam, they're made the the better leatherett material. So don't worry about having to replace the foam cups because they're wasting away from friction.

UNIMATCH PLUG
I love this feature! It is able to go into a guitar amp and you can twist that off and it can be used for regular audio like a cd player. This is a great feature for those who play guitar and don't want to have loud music being played for everyone to complain about. Good for those who want to keep jamming out tunes while in a dorm or in a silent time of the day. It's also gold plated, so the quality of the connection is great.

STYLE
Well, they are pretty sexy looking headphones. It's got the black and platinum thing going on. You can wear them over your head but for those who don't want it messing up your hair, you can wear them in Sony Street Style as well, behind the head. It's not meant to be like that, but it works pretty well nonetheless. I usually do that when I wear them because I got used to the behind the head style and it's just more comfortable and practical for my poofy hair.

OVERALL
Great buy! I reccomend these headphones to anyone who doesn't want to pay over $100 for a good quality pair of headphones as well as don't want to buy headphones that are way too big.

HEADPHONE NEWBIES
When searching for headphones, there are four main types: lightweight, stereo, noise-cancelling, and DJ. Lighteight headphones are good for when your on the go, but they have normal subpar quality. Stereo Headphones are good quality that can be taken on the road or stay at home. They have good quality! Noise-cancelling headphones were the ones I was originally wanting to get. But it seems stupid to put batteries in your headphones and the idea of not hearing when you have them on is not always a good idea if you think about it. Only for people who travel a lot and get annoyed at background sounds. "DJ Headphones" is not just some fancy name, they are seriously just for DJ's! Don't get them unless you're a DJ or like having a long-as-heck chord connected to the headphones.

***UPDATE***
Well, it's been THREE years since I last wrote this review. I am using these headphones right now as I write this update. I am still pleased with the sound. They have, however, become quite beat up. The leatherett material covering the cups of the headphones have began to seirously degrade and I am picking at it to get the loose parts off. The chord is slightly longer than I want it to be which is also how I bent my plug badly and broke apart of my laptop's audio area in the process. So be careful! I also snaped part of the headband when I yanked it out my laptop. I used black tape and it seems to be doing okay. It's gotten very beat up but still sounds great.

I do not bring it with me on the go anymore as they are bets suited to use when sitting in front of your computer and don't want to use your stereo speakers.

Sony Mdr-7506 7520 7510 V600 -1/4-3.5mm Gold Plated Headphone Screw-on Adapter

Sony Mdr-7506 7520 7510 V600 -1/4-3.5mm Gold Plated Headphone Screw-on Adapter

Welcome to Bee's Sweet Deals! General Features: 1. One Gold Plated Screw-on Stereo headphone adapter 2. Colors: Gold and Green 3. 1/8 Female to 1/4 Ma...

Sony MDR-V55/WHI Headphones (White)

Sony MDR-V55/WHI Headphones (White)

Feel the rhythm with the MDR-V55 studio monitor DJ style headphones. Outfitted with 40mm closed type driver units, these headphones deliver just the r...
Beach Camera.com

Sony - MDR-V55 DJ Style Headphones, Black/Red, Headphones & Earphones

Sony - MDR-V55 DJ Style Headphones, Black/Red, Headphones & Earphones

Sony MDR-V55 DJ Style Headphones, Black/Red Feel the rhythm with the Sony MDR-V55 DJ Style Headphones (Black/Red). Outfitted with 40 mm closed type dr...
Adorama

Sony Mdr-v6 Studio Monitor Series Headphones

Sony Mdr-v6 Studio Monitor Series Headphones

BRAND NEW Sony MDR-V6 High-Quality Black Stereo Headphones MDRV6 Product Description BRAND NEW Sony MDR-V6 High-Quality Black Stereo Headphones MDRV6 ...

Sony Mdr-g45lp Behind-the-neck Headphones

Sony Mdr-g45lp Behind-the-neck Headphones

Sony Mdr-g45lp, Mdr-g45lp Behind-the-neck Headphones, Upc: 0027242720756
Sony MDR-AS200/BLU Clip-On Headphones - Blue

Sony MDR-AS200/BLU Clip-On Headphones - Blue

Sony MDR AS200 - Active Sports - headphones - ear-bud - over-the-ear mount - blue

Sony MDR-1R MDR1R Premium Headphones + Cord Organizer for Headsets

Sony MDR-1R MDR1R Premium Headphones + Cord Organizer for Headsets

Sony MDR-1R MDR1R Premium Headphones + Cord Organizer for Headsets (Black) + Speaker and Headphone Splitter
Newegg.com

Sony MDR-HW300K Wireless Hi-Fi Headphones

Sony MDR-HW300K Wireless Hi-Fi Headphones

MDR-HW300K: Wireless Stereo Headphone System Features: 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band for stable wireless stereo 192kHz/24bit High quality HD sound format s...
BuyDig.com

Original Sony Mdr-ma300 In-ear Only Wide Sound Field Headphones Black

Original Sony Mdr-ma300 In-ear Only Wide Sound Field Headphones Black

Original Sony MDR-MA300 In-Ear only Wide sound field Headphones Black Condition::New. Box may have tear wear.Includes;Sony MDR-MA300 headphone Descrip...