Infinity QPS-1 Main / Stereo Speakers

Dynamic speaker

Apr 23, 2002 (Updated Oct 10, 2003)

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:Dynamic range, clear sound, looks good too!

Cons:None so far

The Bottom Line: Looking for a quality surround speaker you can't do much better for the price. Highly recommended.

While helping a friend finish his entertainment room he let me listen to his QPS-1s. WOW! I hopped on the internet and found a pair ($199, new) and placed my order. They arrived and my family and I enjoy them immensely. The sound output is great and they are a vast improvement over the old KLH surrounds. While I still need a better receiver (I'm working on that now) the sound quality is still great. Can't wait to hear the difference when I get a DVD-ready receiver! I highly recommend these speakers (they can also fit nicely between 16" on center studs for recess mounting).

I can finally update this review. After purchasing a decent receiver and finally getting my big screen (YEAH!) I've installed the speakers into the wall as I mentioned above. Previously I wasn't able to place them strategically for optimum listening. In a word, AMAZING!!

My room size is roughly 14 x 20 and I have mounted the speakers in the wall around 44" to the centerline. This puts them just above my ear height when sitting on the love seat (I'm 6'). The first difference I noticed in sound was just playing a CD or a radio station and setting the receive so it used the surrounds as "B" speakers. This really livened up the room and standing in the middle you sound like you're at a concert (my mains are Bose 201s, for now).

When we put in a DVD all I can say is "Look out!" The surrounds really get their opportunity to shine. The bullets ricochet with a destinctive "zing" from behind you, the helicopter approaching from the rear makes you almost duck as it "flys over your head" and into the screen. DVDs we had been watching before we are playing again and again just to experience what we were missing.

Whatever surround speaker you get I am now a firm believer that you will need to properly place them in the room for their specific function, and rear surrounds MUST be placed appropriately to realize the maximum benefit. That's why you bought them, right?

Infinity ERS 110DT Each  6.5 In-ceiling Speaker, Stereo Input (Now $79.99 after $80.00 savings)

Infinity ERS 110DT Each 6.5 In-ceiling Speaker, Stereo Input (Now $79.99 after $80.00 savings)

6.5 In-ceiling Speaker, Stereo Input Single stereo-input speaker, dual 3/4 C.M.M.D. tweeters and a 6-1/2 C.M.M.D. woofer, frequency response 47-22,000...

One 1 Infinity Sat-1100 Magnetically Shielded Speaker Brand Open Box

One 1 Infinity Sat-1100 Magnetically Shielded Speaker Brand Open Box

One 1 Infinity SAT-1100 Magnetically Shielded Speaker BRAND NEW Open Box Item: One 1 Infinity SAT-1100 Magnetically Shielded Speaker BRAND NEW Open Bo...

Infinity CS80R  In-ceiling Speaker (each)

Infinity CS80R In-ceiling Speaker (each)

In-ceiling Speaker (each) 1 tweeter and 8 woofer, frequency response 45-20,000 Hz, paintable grilles included

Infinity Ers 610ii In Ceiling Speakers (pair) Brand

Infinity Ers 610ii In Ceiling Speakers (pair) Brand

With high-end features and unsurpassed sound reproduction, the Infinity ERS 610 3-Way Round In-Ceiling Speaker will take your audio listening experien...

Infinity Ers 110dt In Ceiling Speakers (each) Dual Voice Coil Brand

Infinity Ers 110dt In Ceiling Speakers (each) Dual Voice Coil Brand

Dual Voice-Coil Tweeters High-Efficient 125W Driver With high-end features and exceptional dual-channel, stereo sound reproduction, the Infinity ERS 1...

Infinity CS60 Each  6.5 In-wall speaker ($169.99 before $80.00 savings)

Infinity CS60 Each 6.5 In-wall speaker ($169.99 before $80.00 savings)

6.5 In-wall speaker 1 tweeter and 6-1/2 woofer, frequency response 45-20,000 Hz, paintable grille included
Crutchfield

P143 Primus Two-way 4-Inch Bookshelf/Satellite Speaker - Each (Black)

P143 Primus Two-way 4-Inch Bookshelf/Satellite Speaker - Each (Black)

The Infinity Primus Series Where Infinity sound begins.Prepare to raise your expectations. Experience home entertainment at a new level of clarity and...
Infinity Primus P163  Bookshelf speaker (each) (Now $85.99 after $54.00 savings)

Infinity Primus P163 Bookshelf speaker (each) (Now $85.99 after $54.00 savings)

Bookshelf speaker (each) frequency response 49-20,000 Hz,3/4 dome tweeter and 6-1/2 woofer,Metal Matrix Diaphragm drivers minimize distortion

Jensen C-jr Main Stereo Speakers Book Shelf Speakers

Jensen C-jr Main Stereo Speakers Book Shelf Speakers

HERE IS A SET OF JENSEN C-JR SPEAKERS NEW SEALED IN THE BOX

Infinity Primus P253  floorstanding speaker (each) (Now $149.99 after $80.00 savings)

Infinity Primus P253 floorstanding speaker (each) (Now $149.99 after $80.00 savings)

floorstanding speaker (each) frequency response 49-20,000 Hz,2-way design,exclusive Metal Matrix Diaphragm(tm) drivers minimize distortion