Charter

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Good Cable

Dec 1, 2000

Pros:Great customer service

Cons:$40.00 seems pricey

When my husband and I bought the monster TV I mentioned in an earlier review (Sony Wega), we began to re-evaluate our cable provider. Charter Communications has been serving us for the better part of 2 years now, and we have always been relatively pleased. However, there is much hype with the digital cable systems and even those little satellite jobs that are attached to every house in America.

After much debate and price comparisons, we just decided to stay with Charter Communications. The main reason we made this choice was the service that we receive from our local office. I am one of those customers that if you treat me nicely, you will have a loyal follower for life.

We pay around $40.00 per month to get a basic cable set up. It has none of the frills such as HBO, Cinemax, or Showtime, and that's all right because with my new epinions obsession, I don't have much time for television anyway. I will commend Charter Communications for adding some awesome channels to their line-up about a year ago. They also re-ran lines all over the county to make the picture quality clearer. Before this improvement, the picture quality was truly atrocious. Before the addition of the extra channels, the line-up was really horrendous. Now I enjoy shows on such channels as the History Channel, Animal Planet, Food Network, E!, Oxygen, and the Disney Channel. There are a few channels that Iíve heard of that would be nice to have, but Iím pretty happy with the line-up that we have now.

Now let me tell you about the service they provide. I have heard many complaints about Charter Communications, and I am sure they are all well deserved, but Iíve had nothing but great experiences with them. It may be luck in getting the right person, however, because I have spoken to some unhelpful dolts. If I feel Iím getting nowhere, I simply call back and talk to another person.

When we moved to our new house a year ago, they were relatively quick about coming over to hook up our new cable so I didnít have to watch snow all day. I was paying all of my bills by the computer, and didnít realize that my account number had changed when we moved. So for 3 months I paid someone elseís bill and they shut my cable off for non-payment. Aside from being embarrassed, I called to clear up the matter and they fixed me right up, and I would guess, cut off the poor sapís cable that Iíd been financing!

Another example of good customer service was when we had to have our septic tank dug back up for repair and the workmen cut my cable line. Charter Communications came to fix that problem in no time, even though it wasnít their fault, but when they buried the lines again, they trampled some of our bushes that weíd just planted. My husband called to complain and it only took one call and we had a check for our dead bushes in 3 days, no questions asked!

Today consumers have more choices than ever before about what type of cable service they use in their home. I donít like the look of the satellites on the side of a house, and digital cable seemed a little out of my price range in comparison to the time I spend in front of the television. Charter Communications makes perfect sense for my family and they have proven, with their customer service, that they deserve my business. As Martha Stewart says ďItís a good thing.Ē

Charter Club Cotton Button Up Top 8 Green

Charter Club Cotton Button Up Top 8 Green

Charter Club Cotton button up Top New 8 Green click picture to enlarge click picture to enlarge click picture to enlarge click picture to enlarge clic...

Charter Club Mix It Up Top And Pajama Pants Set Pink Dots Medium Cotton

Charter Club Mix It Up Top And Pajama Pants Set Pink Dots Medium Cotton

Charter Club New Mix It Up Top and Pajama Pants Set Pink Dots Medium Cotton CHARTER CLUB NEW Pink Cotton V-Neck Long Sleeves Pajama Set Medium This is...

Charter Club Charter Club Simple Care 300T White Full Sheet Set NEW

Charter Club Charter Club Simple Care 300T White Full Sheet Set NEW. One Full Flat Sheet - 85 x 96 - available in Khaki. See Details. One Full Fitted ...
Bluefly

Charter Club Terry Shower Shirt

Charter Club Terry Shower Shirt

Like a robe, but better! Charter Club's Shower Shirt features 3/4 sleeves and a front snap button closure.
Macys.com

Charter Club Fashion Buffet Gold-Holly & Pine Mug, Fine China Dinnerware - Holly, Pine, Ribbon, Encrusted Gold Band

Charter Club - Charter Club Fashion Buffet Gold-Holly & Pine Mug - Holly, Pine, Ribbon, Encrusted Gold Band
Replacements, Ltd.

Charter Club Christmas Dresses Girls Size 5 6 12 Holiday Clothing

Charter Club Christmas Dresses Girls Size 5 6 12 Holiday Clothing

New Christmas Dress by Charter Club Girls Size 5 and 6 (Retail $68) Girls Size 12 (Retail $72)FREE US SHIPPING Pretty new Christmas dress by Charter C...

Charter Club Top 0x Plus Size Sleeveless Black $49.00

Charter Club Top 0x Plus Size Sleeveless Black $49.00

Charter Club NEW Top 0X Plus Size Sleeveless Black from a major department store. Brand: Charter Club Retail Price: $49.00 Size: 0X; Bust: 42 inches; ...

Charter Club Floral-Print Button-Down Cardigan

Charter Club Floral-Print Button-Down Cardigan

Charter Club blends comfort and style on Charter Club's button-front floral-print cardigan.
Macys.com

Bluefly

Charter Club Wild Flower Footed Cup & Saucer Set, Fine China Dinnerware - Flowers And Fruit, Scalloped, Green Trim

Charter Club - Charter Club Wild Flower Footed Cup & Saucer Set - Flowers And Fruit, Scalloped, Green Trim
Replacements, Ltd.