Electrolux EL1030A Bagless Stick Vacuum Reviews

Electrolux EL1030A Bagless Stick Vacuum

Free Shipping United Vacuum

Beautifully engineered and designed performer. One of the best stick vacuums on the market today.

Dec 6, 2011 (Updated Dec 7, 2011)

Pros:build quality, suction, versatility, convenience

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Equal with even the best rated Hoover LINX but has the advantage of a smaller footprint when storing and has a convenient removable hand vac.

I bought a Hoover LINX cordless stick vac for my 86 year old Mom a few years ago and she says it's her favorite vacuum ever..."I love it".  I wanted to get a cordless stick vac for myself, and having been a Hoover fan for many years - I almost automatically went for the LINX.  I already have a Hoover Z convertable upright/canister vacuum that is great for hardwood floors (it has a real horsehair brush) and has great reach with it's 20 foot hose.  I can easily vacuum floors, furniture, blinds, ceiling fans and dust knick knacks with the Z and keep it running for over an hour with no problems.

I wanted to get a light, easy to grab, use and re-store vacuum for those in-between marathon cleanings that only happen about once a month.

I have always been intrigued by Electrolux as a company, and had a friend in college who had an early 1970s canister model that really was a classy vacuum at that time - powerful, efficent and effective.  I have followed Electrolux's evolution via news blogs and their own website over the years and have become very impressed with their enviornment-friendly production methods and goals for the future.

I did research on many review websites and finally decided to go with their most powerful stick vac/hand vac combo...the Ergorapido Ion.  I initially charged it as suggested for about a day, and there after only need about 3 hours from empty to full charge.  Upon first using it, I noticed it had a good noise level/pitch and was not a 'screetcher" or a "whiner" like a lot of less expensive brands.  Also, the assembly (one screw) was as simple and quick as could be.  The color of the body is also a really beautiful deep orange or rust color.

I was probably overly enthusiastic and used up the first full charge in about 15 minutes, running the unit on it's high setting (2 speeds) and went throughout my 1000 sq. ft. apartment in what seemed like just 5 minutes.  It's that much fun and easy to use, and you can go quickly over the floors and move on to the next area without having to re-vacuum the same area over and over again to get all the dirt.  It's get's it all in one pass.

The hand feel of the suction is equivalent with the Hoover LINX and the charge lasts about as long.  Electrolux did a great job of making this vacuum easy to maneuver. The weight is just right, not too heavy to create muscle fatigue nor too light to become airborn with too vigorous arm movements. The headlights on the front are surprisingly effective and allow me to see dust and dirt on my floors that would not be visable without the light feature. The rubber grips on both the stick and hand vac allow getting a secure grip on the unit for more accurate guidance while using the vacuum.

In addition, the instruction manual includes very user friendly and even thoughtful instruction on how to easily unattach the brushroll and wheels for easy removal of too much animal fur, shoestrings or other foreign objects. I think that attention to user interface with a product shows manufacturer confidence as well as true consideration for the buyer.

The major benefit of the Electrolux is the removable hand vac which - with this model - comes with two attachments and is easy to release from the main body of the stick vac.

The dust container is not quite as easy to empty as the Hoover, but not a deal breaker.  And I found you can easilly detail clean off any lint or dust stuck to the Ergorapido Ion filter by carefully using another vacuum and it's hose and crevice or dusting tool attachment when it is convenient to do so.  Not necessary, as Electrolux says you can occasionally rinse the filters and let them dry before re-installing them back into the unit...but I prefer to do a quick job of vacuum cleaning the filters and will only rarely rinse the filters unless the suction is affected from too much micro debris or the discharged air during use begins to smell strongly.

Another advantage of the Ergorapido Ion is the compact size, which doesn't stand on it's own like the Hoover, but takes up a much smaller footprint and can be tucked behind a door (on the base charger) when not in use and out of sight, but easy to grab when needed.

In a final analysis, both the Hoover and Electrolux have their advantages and drawbacks.  I recommend both brands, but the final call will be up to the user.  I do believe the Hoover works better on carpet but recommends turning the brushroll off on hardwood floors.  I have hardwood floors, and the Electrolux has a high and low setting, both of which use the brushroll.  The Electrolux brush is softer and gentler on hardwood than the Hoover and therefore better for me, whereas the Hoover is better for my Mom as she has low pile carpet as well as linoleum surfaces.

BONUS: FREE SHIPPING! Looking for a powerful stick vacuum? Then the Electrolux Ergorapido Ion is ideal for you. Designed to meet the customer...
United Vacuum
Product Details Cordless feature 180 Degree Swivel Head LED Headlight 30 Minute Run Time Tools Included Product Description The Ergorapido Ion has som...
The Ergorapido Ion has some unique and remarkable features. It charges four times faster and delivers 50 more power with lithium ion battery. It opera...