Loving Our New Electrolux Ergorapido

Dec 28, 2011

Pros:Good pickup
Looks great

Cons:Not dishwasher safe

The Bottom Line: Great vacuum for touchups. Don't expect it to do the heavy duty work.

Our EL1012A Ergorapido Hand Vacuum served us well for two and a half years, but lately we noticed its diminished power and diminished running time. That's all the incentive I needed to buy this 18V lithium battery powered EL1030A Ergorapido. If you are shopping for your first Ergopapido and trying to decide whether this model is worth the extra 50 or sixty dollars, I can say from firsthand experience that this model is definitely worth the extra money.

So how is the EL1030A better than the cheaper, base model? Foremost is the advantage of the extra power and longer running time possible with the lithium battery. Out of the box ours was already partially charged, but I charged it for about six hours before running it through its paces. This vacuum will clean our entire downstairs (four rooms) and still have power to spare. And this includes the extra mess made by our two parakeets.

This model empties just like the older models and appears to take the same sized permament filter. You can do an easy quick clean by opening a latch door on the hand unit to vacuum out with your hose from another vacuum. Or you can disassemble the hand unit to empty and clean out the filter. It can be a bit messy, so I often do that outdoors. A third option is to disassemble the hand unit and clean with the hose end of a second vacuum. This is what I do in the colder months.

What do we like about this new vacuum?

First is the convenience of having two vacuums in one, a floor vac or a hand vacuum. I had considered the Hoover Lynx but passed because I'd have to buy a separate unit to have a smaller hand vacuum.

The extra power of this model is readily evident and this alone could be worth paying the extra money for it.

Unlike our previous Ergorapido, this one has a headlight. It shows dirt we hadn't seen before which can be a curse or a blessing.

We like the attractive color and aesthetics of this vacuum and don't mind leaving it out in the open. In fact I like showing it off when I get the opportunity.

Two attachments are in the base, a brush and a crevice tool. These are easily accessed and very useful.

This model has a charging light that lets the user know how much power is available. The space age looking blue lights indicate degree of charge with one, two, or three bright blue lights.

Unlike other battery appliances, this vacuum doesn't weaken as the battery power diminishes. It stay full to the very end. Since there is no diminished power warning, one has to pay attention to the power indicator lights.

It's amazing how easily the vacuum attaches to its charging unit. It pops on smoothly and quickly, a process that never ceases to impress me.

One disadvantage of this vacuum is that the brush roll can't be turned off. On the hardwood floors I always use the slower of the two available speeds.

I've owned quite a few vacuums over the years and have two uprights, a cannister, and the old and new Ergorapido vacuums now. With two dogs and two parakeets, we use the new Ergorapido EL1030A daily, and it has quickly become a fleet favorite.
Features and stats:
Cordless feature
180 Degree Swivel Head
LED Headlight
30 Minute Run Time
Tools Included - brush and crevice tool
50% more power than previous models
rubber cliff hanger pad which allows the vacuum to stand without sliding
Bagless Cyclonic Technology