-23%
Electrolux EL7060A UltraSilencer Canister Cleaner Reviews

Electrolux EL7060A UltraSilencer Canister Cleaner

So far a good vacuum, good suction!

Aug 1, 2012 (Updated Aug 1, 2012)

Pros:Somewhat quieter than a normal cannister, controls on handle, easy to assemble.

Cons:Cord retraction switch is awkward and the flexible hose could be more flexible.

The Bottom Line: If you want a vacuum that does not put out a lot of dust and dirt, is fairly quiet and not too heavy, this 7060 is a decent choice!

We just moved into a new house, and unfortunately this home does not have a central vacuum as our old one did.

Time to go to the store to find a vacuum. We already had a Hoover Windtunnel Upright, self propelled, so that will stay downstairs. Instead of dragging that heavy vacuum up and down the stairs, we decided to purchase a lighter cannister type vacuum.

I did a lot of research to find the best one, but not a single vacuum received a glowing rating. There was always a mixture of negative and positive, which of course is normal.

To narrow down our search we decided we wanted a vacuum with good suction, quiet, multiple filtration for dust, and a vacuum with a bag. We decided againt a bagless vac since it speads so much dirt and dust when emptying it, and my wife and I both have allergies.

So after playing Sherlock and doing all my research, we found the Electrolux 7060. It was a cannister vac, has allergy bags to prevent the spread of more dust, and has a HEPA filter and a secondary foam motor filter.

We were actually a little surprised by some features on this vac, since reading about it and seeing it are two different things. Assembly was quite easy and truthfully, we never even looked at the instruction manual.

The hard plastic hose goes directly into the vacuum, and the flexible hose plugs right into that. Certainly not rocket science!

This vacuum does have some unusual features however. First, it has a large green LED readout showing the amount of suction, with 1 the lowest and 5 the highest. To me this is just a gimmick, but it is there, so I figured I would tell you about it.

Unlike other vacuums, the controls for power, suction, and roller brush control are all on the handle. Kind of nice to turn off the roller in the floor head if you and going on a hard floor instead of carpet. The height adjustment for the vacuum is still on the beater head, which is the vacuum part with a light built in that picks up the dirt, and has a motor in it turning the revolving brushes.

The interesting thing is that the power switch on the vacuum handle does not turn off all the power to the vacuum. It stops the vacuum but puts it in sort of a standbye mode. You have to go to the vacuum, throw a power switch to turn the master power off.

Also on the body of the vacuum is a switch that shows a power cord icon. You are supposed to be able to press the button to retract the cord back into the vacuum. Unfortunately the design was awful. If you press the cord button the cord will not retract. You have to lift up the orange handle, press the button under the handle, and then it works. Very poor design on the part of Electrolux.

Under the hood, you will find a vacuum bag, and you have 3 choices of bags; standard, odor reducing and anti-allergy.
There is a HEPA filter that  an be disposed of or you can get a washable replacement on Amazon. Finally, there is a black foam filter to protect the motor that can be rinsed out.

The vacuum is actually quieter than a normal vacuum. If noise bothers you this would be acceptable. The beater bar head of course also makes noise when it is spinning and cleaning the floor.

So how does this work? I have to admit pretty well. Suction is good, the beater bar brush works fine and I do not smell dust or dirt while vacuuming.  Noise as I said is acceptable, while the beater bar makes its own noise. The vacuum weighs in at about 17 pounds so it is not really light, but not as heavy as dragging the upright upstairs.

One small negative is the flexible hose is not as flexible as it should be. It is not a real problem, but allowing the hose to bend easier would make vacuuming somewhat easier as well.

Another negative is that there are no wands or tubes that extend with a brush or crevice tool at the end of it. The manual says you can do it, but I have not learned how as yet. If I do, I will update the review with this pertinent information.

The real question is would I recommend this vacuum to other Epinions readers, and the answer is yes. It met all our requirements and we shall see in time how it performs as it gets older and utilized more.

CPO SEARCH SHOP BY CATEGORY Accessories Combo Kits Compressors Generators Cordless Tools Drills/Drivers Hand Tools Heavy-Duty Home Measuring Tools Met...

This Electrolux UltraSilencer DeepClean vacuum is sure to get your carpet free of debris with an easy and quick run. Use this canister vacuum to prepa...