Emerson CKS3528 Clock Radio Reviews

Emerson CKS3528 Clock Radio

Are you Smarter than a fifth grader? My Emerson SmartSet Clock Radio is

Jan 26, 2012

• Sound:

Pros:the projection, the many features, the dual alarm, the smart set

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: I love this clock. It was one of the best purchases of the year!

My husband bought me the Emerson SmartSet Clock Radio Model number CKS3528 after one clock I bought made too much noise ticking and another couldn’t be seen in the dark.

I love this clock. It costs around $25.00 and is one product that could be offered for more. The actual name is Emerson CKS3528 SmartSet Dual-Alarm Clock Radio with Time Projection System

About the Emerson SmartSet:

This clock is silver with a black face. It is attractive enough though not so pretty I would put it in my living room. I would for sure say this is a bedroom clock.

The large (1.4 inch) red LED numbers are easy to see. The speaker is in the back. The clock is electric but also is battery powered in case we lose electricity.

It has a 90-day warranty and measures close to 9 inches across by a little more than 4 inches high by about 3 ½ inches at its deepest. It weighs about 2 pounds.

On the face of the clock the day of the week is in small letters in red like the time. There is a low battery indicator, which I have never seen.

The FM and AM stations are listed on the bottom of the face of the clock.

On the top I have sleep and snooze buttons in the middle. On the sides I have: alarm, alarm mode, - and + set and radio on/off. Other buttons are time zone, time, month/date, and projector on/off. On the side of the clock is a rotating handle with a lens on the top. That is the projector!

On the sides are the volume knob, the band – AM/FM- switch, and the tuning knob for the stations.

On the other side is a switch that lets me rotate the time on, for example, my ceiling. I can move the clock to get the time in the right spot but using the switch is easier. There is also a switch that lets me project the time on the ceiling in green, red, or blue. How cool is that?

More detail:

What I love about this clock above all is not the radio or even the time but the projection. It projects the time, month, year, or alarm time on the wall or ceiling. I have it set to show me the time on my ceiling. I love waking up in the middle of the night and just looking up. I don't have to sit up to see a clock or put on my glasses to see the time.

It is not so bright as to wake me or keep me awake. If for some reason you don’t want to know what time it is, you can just shut off the projection or move the arm so you can’t see it.

I am so amazed by this SmartSet Clock Radio by Emerson. For example, I unplugged it to bring it over to my computer to review it. When I plugged it in the date and time were automatically set correctly. We have been away and lost power for days and the amount of time without electricity has no effect on the clock’s ability to set itself.

In the event the electricity goes out in the middle of the night, I don’t have to worry. My clock has what is called a SureAlarm battery back-up system, which keeps the time and alarm setting.

It has two programmable alarms, which I love. My husband usually gets up before me and used to have to set his clock for me. We can now just use one clock.

The sound is great. I don’t listen to the radio all that much in my room, but sometimes I will set the alarm for the news or music.

Jo’s Final Thoughts:

This is an amazing clock. This makes a great gift for anyone of just a treat for you. I don’t know how I got along without it.

Emerson Smartset Alarm Clock Radio (cks1702) Free Shipping

Emerson Smartset Alarm Clock Radio (cks1702) Free Shipping

Emerson SmartSet Alarm Clock Radio (CKS1702) FREE SHIPPING NEW SmartSet single alarm AM/FM clock radio with battery backup Automatically adjusts for D...

Emerson Smartset Alarm Clock Radio (cks1702), New, Free Shipping

Emerson Smartset Alarm Clock Radio (cks1702), New, Free Shipping

Listing Payment Shipping Handling Returns Exchanges Store Contact Payment We want to ensure that all of our buyers are offered all the benefits that e...

Emerson Smartset Alarm Clock Radio (cks1702), Free Shipping,

Emerson SmartSet Alarm Clock Radio (CKS1702) Features SmartSet single alarm AM/FM clock radio with battery backup Automatically adjusts for Daylight S...

Emerson Smartset Alarm Clock Radio (cks1702), Free Shipping,

Listing Returns Policy FAQ Sales Tax About us Store Frequently Asked Questions Question: Do you have more information about this product? Answer: Unfo...

EMERSON RADIO CKS1708 - SmartSet Desktop Clock Radio - Mono

EMERSON RADIO CKS1708 - SmartSet Desktop Clock Radio - Mono

SmartSet Desktop Clock Radio - Mono MPN: CKS1708 Brand: EMERSON RADIO

EMERSON RADIO CORP. CKS1708 SMARTSET RADIO ALARM CLOCK LED

Wake up on time every day with the help of this SmartSet Radio Alarm Clock. It allows the user to choose from three alarm settings for everyday, weekd...

Emerson Radio CKW2000 Dual Alarm Clock Radio with NOAA/Same Weather Alert System (Black)

This item has been refurbished by the manufacturer. The CKW2000 dual alarm clock radio by Emerson keeps you in the know with its NOAA weather alert sy...
Emerson Radio Corp. Cks1708 Smartset Radio Alarm Clock Led

Emerson Radio Corp. Cks1708 Smartset Radio Alarm Clock Led

Emerson Radio Corp. Cks1708 Smartset Radio Alarm Clock Led - Main Features: Emerson CKS1708 Smartset PLL Radio Alarm Clock with 1.4 Blue LED - Digital...
Emerson 841596 Spongebob Treasure Chest Clock Radio

Emerson 841596 Spongebob Treasure Chest Clock Radio

Customer Service 1(800)-504-9002 Store Search in titles descriptions Store Categories EMERSON SpongeBob Treasure Chest Clock Radio Model: 841596 *NEW ...