Energizer Energizer MAX E91BP-8 Alkaline Batteries, AA EVEE91BP8 (039800032874) Reviews

Energizer Energizer MAX E91BP-8 Alkaline Batteries, AA EVEE91BP8 (039800032874)

Energizer Max AA Batteries Live Up To Their Name

Nov 10, 2012

Pros:Long life, trusted brand name, fairly priced

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Long life span, worry free service, mercury free option that may be the best choice available anywhere.

Over the years we have purchased and used quite a number of different AA batteries but there is no question that Energizer Max Alkaline AA Batteries are our favorite choice.  In the past we have tried to save money with several el cheapo no name branded options with pretty lousy experiences as well as other brands like Duracell with more than adequate results but we do prefer this brand over all the others.

Energizer claims their Energizer Max batteries have a shelf life of up to 10 years.  I found an older package around the house this week that contain batteries with a date of March 2018.  Out of curiosity, I removed one of the remaining batteries from the 8-pack and decided to find out just how much power remained in the 1.5 volt batteries.  With my digital Fluke multimeter, I tested the two remaining batteries in the package.  One tested at 1.613 volts and the second at 1.610 volts.  I then took two batteries we placed in our television remote with the same March 2018 date that has had regular daily use for well over two months and those two tested 1.530 volts and 1.529 volts.

As I mentioned in my previous review of the Energizer A23 12 Volt Alkaline Battery, I believe the Energizer line was one of the early zero mercury batteries on the market.  Mercury was used to reduce the build-up of hydrogen gas that caused bulging and leaking of batteries.  It always feel good to purchase and use products that do as little damage to the environment as possible.  It was good to know that this particular battery is mercury free, although for the most part, the standard for all batteries made here in the USA are now similar.

This particular product has been available since 1991.  In our home, as a general rule these have and will be our most regularly purchased choice.  I'll also have to go out of my way to point out that Energizer Max Alkaline AA Batteries are made right here in the USA.  I would have to say that after sitting around the store shelf and our home for two years and then being used daily for at least a few months on a daily basis and still maintaining more than the rated 1.5 volts, this product really does live up to it's Energizer Max name.

We have a newer package that appears to have been purchased around a year ago that shows a sales price of $5.99 but the 8-pack listed here can currently be found for $6.39 in our area at a local Meijer retailer.  To save a few bucks, so long as you use enough batteries, the 16-pack goes for $10.99.  I wasn't shocked to notice the Duracell batteries in the same rack were priced at the exact prices for equivalent sized packages.

Based on the excellent experience we have had with these batteries as well as the fair price, mercury-free design and the fact they are still made in the USA, I have to scream my Buy recommendation and lay a full five star Epinions rating on Energizer Max Alkaline AA Batteries.  Given the option, I would recommend consumers to select this same brand on other sized batteries also like we do in our home.

Energizer Max AA Alkaline Batteries 8 ct Value Pack + Toy EXP 3/15 AM6 You will receive 6 Packs of 8 ct value pack Energizer Max AA batteries + Toy fo...

Energizer Max 8-Pack AA Alkaline Batteries *Lot of 5**New Sealed*8 pack Free Shrek Ogre-Vision Viewer E91BP-8 40 alkaline batteries total ------------...