Epson Stylus NX430 All-In-One Inkjet Printer Reviews

Epson Stylus NX430 All-In-One Inkjet Printer

Best All-In-One I've Ever Owned!

Jul 18, 2012

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Cheap ink.
Doesn't take up much space.
Wi-fi compatible
Easy to set up
Sleep mode

Cons:Needs a moment to warm up when you turn it on if it's been off.

The Bottom Line: I recommend the Epson Stylus NX430 All-In-One printer because the ink is inexpensive, it is easy to use and does what it is supposed to do.

I've had this Epson Stylus NX430 printer/copier/scanner for 4 months now and so far so good.  It prints nicely and at a decent speed.  The few times I've printed in color, it came out awesome.  I haven't printed on photo paper yet but I'm sure the quality will rock my socks off.  The scanner and copier was also easy to use and did what they are supposed to do.

I usually leave my printer on as it goes into sleep mode when not in use.  I used to turn it off when I wasn't using it but realized it takes a bit of time for it to warm up when you turn it on.  And sometimes, I don't have time to wait as I need that map to be printed now!

To me, it's not a very noisy printer.  It's not any louder or softer that other printers I've owned or used.  It's a nice compact size and was easy to set up.  Even the wi-fi was easy enough to set up.

Ink is also fairly inexpensive.  I find that when the window opens after you click on "print", you can control how much ink you use when you click on "Properties".  Once you click on "Properties", it should automatically bring you to the "Main" tab.  From there, you can choose the print quality.  When I'm just printing a map or an email, I usually choose "black/grayscale".  I really don't need to print in color unless it needs to be in color.  Here's another tip:  black ink is cheaper and will last longer when you buy the high-capacity (126) and color ink is cheaper when you buy the regular non-high capacity (124).  The non-high capacity won't last as long but you get more bang for your buck with two packages than one pack of the high capacity color ink. I ran through the non-high capacity black ink that came with the printer within a few weeks.  I replaced it with the high capacity and I'm still using that same cartridge and it's been over three months and I print fairly often.

As for paper jams, I've only had one or two since I've had this printer.  Nothing major that had me cursing or spending an infinite amount of time to clear.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this printer to my family and friends.  I am pretty happy with this Epson Stylus NX430 printer.

Operating System: Windows

Features: Small-in-One - space-saving design, great performance, exclusively from Epson Epson Connect - instant wireless printing from popular mobile ...