Epson WorkForce 845 All-In-One Inkjet Printer Reviews

Epson WorkForce 845 All-In-One Inkjet Printer

Works Great Except For Wireless Printing & Scanning Setup

Mar 19, 2012

• Paper Handling:

Pros:High quality printer
Support phone calls answered quickly
Great price

Cons:Support reps knowledge uneven
No toll free number

The Bottom Line: Recommend! Didn't mention all the neat features.

If you're connecting the 845 to your computer with a USB cable, setup is a snap.

Wireless is a whole 'nuther thing. In order for your computer to connect wirelessly to the 845 (or any other wireless printer), it needs to know the IP address of the printer. (Yes, even though wireless doesn't use the Internet, it's still gotta have some way to know where and how the 845 is connected to it.)

The wireless setup on the printer is relatively straighforward. But, and that's a big BUT, it doesn't work as easily as it should. It took me at least six calls to Epson support to get the wireless printing and scanning to work properly. I'm not a techie, but I'm an above average PC user.

When I called Epson support, there was little wait time. NOTE: The support phone number is not toll free. That might explain why Epson can afford to have more support reps and relatively fast response.

The knowledge of the support reps was uneven, which explains why it took several phone calls to get the wireless printing and scanning to work.

The 845 is a sophisticated printer. The one thing I'm surprised at is that it doesn't have a PC-based program to program it. My previous printer did.

The 845 prints fast. It has separate ink cartridges, which if you get the 127 cartridges the cost per page is very reasonable, even if the cartridges are relatively expensive.

The printer has some neat features I haven't seen before. E.g., it can print graph paper.

All in all, I'd highly recommend it. The price is great for the capabilities you get.

Operating System: Windows

With the ability of printing, scanning, copying, and faxing, the Epson WorkForce 845 printer can easily handle all your office work. The 500-sheet cap...