Epson V300 Flatbed Scanner Reviews

Epson V300 Flatbed Scanner

it does well its job

Dec 22, 2009

Pros:Good quality at a fair price.
Easy to use on default settings.

Cons:No OCR software bundled.
No paper documentation.

The Bottom Line:

It’s a good choice for those who need to scan 35 mm slides and negative films and are on a budget.

It's been a long time since I wanted a scanner for my olds 35 mm negatives. So after a search on Internet I chose this flatbed scanner from Epson.
I'm very pleased with this product. I scanned manly black & white negatives and slides with very good results.
But now I use this scanner more often for coping documents and the results are excellent. It has a little depth of field so the copies of documents are sharp even if the paper was fold or if you scan a book.

This scanner comes with complete (and customizable) software that allows you to save the documents in any the major formats: jpg, tiff, pdf and bmp. There is also a little program called "Copy Utility" that allows the direct print from the scanner.
The software comes with four modes: full auto, beginner, office and professional.

As for the speed, it's not a professional scanner so you must have a bit of patience. The good part is that the results are good enough so you don't need to spend time playing with color corrections.

I recommend this product for casual use. I paid for it 89 Euros.
But do you have enough place on your desk for a flatbed scanner?

Factory sealed in box.  Please send your best offers. No reasonable offer will be turned down!

Features: Includes Ai Studio 8 and HDR Studio 8 WorkflowPilot Preview Concept Multi-Exposure Auto IT8 Calibration iSRD HDRi JobManager Windows and Mac...