Eureka AS1001A AirSpeed Upright Cleaner Reviews

Eureka AS1001A AirSpeed Upright Cleaner

Cleans as well as a Dyson for one third the price.

Sep 20, 2011 (Updated Jan 25, 2012)

Pros:Excellent suction.
Very long cord.
Glides well.
Not noisy.
Spare belt.

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: Easily the as powerful as a Dyson, at a fraction of the price. It's cleaning power, is second to none and is well worth the price.

I recently bought this vacuum at Wal-Mart onsale for $89. Quite a good deal considering it went for $109 regularly. I was going to buy a cheaper one for $69, but for the difference of $20 and the claims this vacuum made, I figured it was well worth the difference. Turns out I was right! As for the claims on the box, it said that it was as powerful as a Dyson, for 1/3 the cost. It even gave the models of Dyson's it was equal to. Pretty bold claim, considering the price of a Dyson and the claims it makes. Therefore, when I purchased the unit and brought it home, I wanted to really put it to the test, to see if the box claims were true. The test consisted of using my old vacuum, which was a Dirt Devil bagless, with a brand new filter, to make sure I was getting the best possible suction out of the old unit. I vacuumed the whole house with the old one and then gave it to a friend who had an even worse vacuum. After this cleaning I proceeded to unwrap and assemble the new Eureka Airspeed. Assembly was fairly simple and the parts seem to be of pretty solid quality, thick plastic. After a 15 min. assembly, the unit was ready for use. The first thing I noticed about this vacuum, was that it was quieter than my old Dirt Devil, for equal power, 12 amp. So far, so good. As I proceeded to vacuum the whole house I noticed that it was slightly lighter in weight than my old one, and glided across the carpet quite effortlessly. After finishing the job, I was quite impressed to noticed that the canister was full of a lot of stuff that the old vacuum missed. This consisted of mainly sand and dirt, moreso that lint and hair, but there was some of that in there too. I must admit, the claims that this vacuum makes are true to the letter in every way. So, I figured that if it picked up this much left behind dirt on the first pass around the house, a second pass was in order, to see how much more it could get. Again, I was more than impressed to see that it picked up another considerable amount that was missed by the old vacuum and the first pass. This is definatly a very powerful vacuum, and a steal at under $100! My carpets have never looked so good, and been so clean. Looks like the bold claims on the box, are 100% accurate. For far as not ever trying a Dyson, but knowing how powerful they are, I can imagine that this vacuum is easily as good and powerful as one of those over priced Dysons. All in all, a very satifactory purchase that I am glad I sprung for. As for accessories, it comes with all the standard attachments that typically come with a vacuum. Update: Just bought the newer version of this vacuum The Airspeed Zuum, as the first one belonged to the ex-fiance and she got it in the split. The Zuum seems to be the same as the old Airspeed, but this newer model is a few pounds lighter, and assembly is much simpler! 1 screw as opposed to about 5 or 6 with the previous version and less parts to assemble. Same power and performance, but even easier. Who could ask for better? Comes with a spare belt too!

Moves More Air. Removes More DirtCombining powerful suction and extra reach, the Eureka AirSpeed Gold is a bagless upright vacuum that cleans carpets ...
12 amp. Hepa filtration. Containment 1.35 quarts. Cleaning width: 14''. 5:1 stretch hose. 32 ft. cord. Air Speed technology that delivers superior car...
Eureka Vacuum AirSpeed Bagless AS1001A