Coors Brewing Company

Coors Light, just the facts............

Dec 23, 1999 (Updated Mar 21, 2001)

Pros:Well.......it's light bodied......................

Cons:Too many "non-beer" additives.

The Bottom Line: Macro brew USA

I want to make this an accurate and informational review. I wanted to start out by writing one on Anheuser Bush Brewing Co. but ChuckV did such a great job on it, I decided to write the first review of the Coors Brewing Co. instead. For all intends and purposes, this epinion could be applied to just about any of Americas macro breweries.

I have been brewing my own beer for over five years now, I have tasted the best and the worst of my own craftsmanship. More then anything else, I enjoy trying a new micro brewed beer that I've never had before while sitting down to a good meal on the weekend. First off, let's talk about "Good Beer". What makes a good beer? Just like anything else, everyone has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to beer. I, for one, believe that making beer is like cooking, if you follow a recipe and add the right ingredients and the right portions of those ingredients, then you should come out with a very eatable dish. It's that simple, the right ingredients and the right portions. The same goes into beer making, what you put into it is what you get out of the finished product.

You may have heard people that have visited or lived in Germany talk about the beer there, about how much better it is then in the states. There is a reason for this, it's call the German Purity Law of 1516, this is the oldest standing provision still enforced to protect consumer's interest. For over 400 years Germans have not been able to brew beer with any additional ingredients other then; Water, Malted Barley, Hops and Yeast. These ingredients and nothing more, no fruit, no malted wheat, rye, spelt, or RICE grain, no other adjuncts such as corn, corn sugar (or any other types of sugars), molasses, honey, etc................you get the picture, 4 ingredients and 4 ingredients only. This is not to say that I do not enjoy the various micro brewed American beers that contain fruit, honey or molasses, or one that's made with some malted wheat grain in it, it's just pointing out that 4 ingredients, mixed differently using different types of yeast strains, different types of hops, fermented at different temperatures and so forth, can produce so many different styles of beer.

Coors, like Anheuser Bush, uses rice as one of the main ingredients in it's beer recipes. They also use very little hops in the brewing of there beers. This is, like using the rice, done to reduce the cost of these mass produced beers. Some other macros use corn, or maize as it's called in the brewing industry instead of rice. The point is, it's a cheap adjunct that can be used in place of malted barley. I guess what I'm getting at here is that's it's hard to define "Good beer", it seems to be a personal choice we all(beer lovers) have to make, but it's not hard to define "Real beer".

Coors Pottery Open Window Round French Casserole No Lid, Fine China Dinnerware - Open Window With Pot & Flowers,No Trim

Coors Pottery - Coors Pottery Open Window Round French Casserole No Lid - Open Window With Pot & Flowers,No Trim

Coors Light Bowling Pin Bottle Opener Keychain

Coors Light Bowling Pin Bottle Opener Keychain

Brand New Licensed COORS LIGHT BOWLING PIN BOTTLE OPENER KEYCHAIN Brand New Coors Light Bowling Pin Bottle Opener Keychain

Coors Pottery Rosebud Tumbler-12 Oz, Fine China Dinnerware - Embossed Buds On Different Colors

Coors Pottery - Coors Pottery Rosebud Tumbler-12 Oz - Embossed Buds On Different Colors

Coors Light Pint Glasses, Coasters And Bucket Gift Set

Coors Light Pint Glasses, Coasters And Bucket Gift Set

Coors Light Pint Glasses, Coasters and Bucket Gift Set NEW

Coors Pottery Rosebud Flat Cup & Saucer Set, Fine China Dinnerware - Embossed Buds On Different Colors

Coors Pottery - Coors Pottery Rosebud Flat Cup & Saucer Set - Embossed Buds On Different Colors

Coors Beer Stainless 1 Oz Flask

Coors Beer Stainless 1 Oz Flask

coachgrop Store COORS BEER STAINLESS 1 OZ FLASK NEW GREAT GIFT This auction is for a 1 oz Stainless Steel Flask with COORS BEER epoxy domed logo 1 3/4...

Coors Pottery Rosebud 1 Qt Round Covered Triple Service Casserole, Fine China Dinnerware - Embossed Buds On Different Colors

Coors Pottery - Coors Pottery Rosebud 1 Qt Round Covered Triple Service Casserole - Embossed Buds On Different Colors

Coors Light Football Bottle Opener Keychain

Coors Light Football Bottle Opener Keychain

COORS LIGHT FOOTBALL BOTTLE OPENER KEYCHAIN Brand New Coors Light Football Bottle Opener Keychain Holds your keys and opens your bottles!

Coors Pottery Rosebud Dessert/Pie Plate, Fine China Dinnerware - Embossed Buds On Different Colors

Coors Pottery - Coors Pottery Rosebud Dessert/Pie Plate - Embossed Buds On Different Colors
Replacements, Ltd.

Coors Pottery Rosebud Ramekin, Fine China Dinnerware - Embossed Buds On Different Colors

Coors Pottery - Coors Pottery Rosebud Ramekin - Embossed Buds On Different Colors