Discover Card

Not yet rated
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Customer Service:
  • Web Site Experience:

Pros:None. You can do just as well w/a Visa or MC

Cons:Overly sensitive fraud detection system
Poor customer service - reads from scripts

The Bottom Line: You can't rely on the company to approve your purchase, regardless of your limit or available credit. Spare yourself the humiliation of getting your purchase rejected time after time!

This year I decided to do my holiday shopping with my Discover card. On Monday, I made about 5-6 purchases totally about $250 on Amazon.com & they all appeared to go through. Mind you, I wasn't even close to my limit, which is $1,000. On Tuesday night, I received 5-6 emails from Amazon stating I needed to re-enter my credit card info. So I did & they appeared to go through just fine. On Wed. a.m., I went to the grocery store and tried to purchase some food w/my Discover card. It was declined. I called their customer service - and they told me a fraud alert had been put on my account, the agreed to remove the fraud alert right away. They didn't phone or email me, even though they had this info. on file. I asked them why purchases during the holiday season (in small amounts) that were shipped to my street & billing address were declined. So now it's Thursday, 12/16 and I get home from work to find 6 new emails from Amazon - yes, they declined my purchases. I called Discover & they told me their automatic fraud detection system had acted up again. So now I have to try to go do my holiday shopping this weekend, when I have absolutely no time - and am starting from scratch at the last minute, all thanks to Discover. Why bother having a credit card when they don't let you use it? Their over-sensitive fraud detector would prohibit me from using this card on vacation, as I can only imagine how badly it would react to charges coming from another country! I'm closing this account - they are ridiculous & their customer service reps kept reading scripts to me, which only served to anger me off more. I've discovered I'm done with Discover.

Diego Discovers Book Alphabet Learning Cards Stickers

Diego Discovers Book Alphabet Learning Cards Stickers

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A BRAND NEW ITEM! Diego Discovers Colors Animals Shapes and More and Little Einstein Alphabet Learning Cards with Stickers Diego Di...

Discover Wildflowers of America Playing Cards

Discover Wildflowers of America Playing Cards

Add a touch of nature to your card games. Each deck features a different photo on each card. Standard size cards.

Discover the Black Hills Region Playing Cards

Discover the Black Hills Region Playing Cards

The Goddess Card Pack : Discovering Your Goddess Within By Juni Parkhurst (1999,

New Cards factory sealed Discover your Goddess within! Posted with eBay Mobile

Discover the Rocky Mountains Playing Cards

Discover the Rocky Mountains Playing Cards

Discovering the Lifespan - With Card (Loose) - Feldman - 9780205821655 - 0205821650

ISBN13: 9780205821655. ISBN10: 0205821650. by Feldman. Published by Pearson. Edition: 09
Textbooks.com