Citibank

$150 cashback "Thank You card" scam

Jul 30, 2013 (Updated Jul 30, 2013)
Not yet rated
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Customer Service:
  • Web Site Experience:

Pros:None.

Cons:Dishonest; promises rewards they don't give; website nearly impossible to use; representatives contradict each other.

The Bottom Line: Stay away from Citibank. There is no reason to use it when there are so many better - and honest - credit card companies out there.

The most recent scam from Citibank was offering $150 cashback if people took their "Thank You" card and put at least $1000 on it in the next 3 months. I put over $2000 on it, and it has been much less than three months. This gave me 17,050 points, which should have been worth $170.50, but when I tried to redeem it on the "Thank You" website, found that I could only redeem in increments of 10,000 points - and 10,000 points aren't worth $100 as they are with other cards, but only $50! Finally managed to write to Citibank through their almost impossible-to-use website, and was told that "the value of points was subject to change without notice." They didn't promise a certain number of points, but $150 DOLLARS! So they truly lied, and it was a genuine scam. Is this legal? I am going to report it to the Better Business Bureau and find out.

I also have a problem with their "dividend" card which I've had for about two years. One representative said I would get 2% cashback for everything for the next 3 months, but another told me today that it was only 1%. (And is that one percent or one point per dollar? One point at Citibank is worth only 1/2 cent, not one cent as at other companies.)

There is no reason to take a credit card from this dishonest company, when there are much better (and honest) companies out there, including Chase Freedom (which is giving 5% off on gas this quarter, and I know from experience that they really pay), Bank of America, and Discover (also giving 5% on gas, and the points are easy to redeem for Discover gift cards). Capital One gives 1.5% cashback on everything. I have credit cards from all of them and have never been cheated out of points as I have been by Citibank.

Model Power Citibank Built-up Building Ho Scale - 675

Model Power Citibank Built-up Building Ho Scale - 675

Model Power Citibank Built-Up Building HO Scale - 675 Brand New Factory Sealed The Citibank Building Is A Plastic Built-Up Building Ready-for-Display ...

The Citibank Guide to Building Personal Wealth : Essential Information for the Asia-Pacific Investor

Brand New, Authentic Citibank Logo Umbrella (new)

Brand New, Authentic Citibank Logo Umbrella (new)

B rand New, Authentic CITIBANK LOGO UMBRELLA (NEW)Brown wood handle. Comes with (cover). Sellebrity Analytics Froo www.froo.com | Froo Cross Sell, Fre...

MODEL POWER HO B/U Citibank, Ltd

MODEL POWER HO B/U Citibank, Ltd

MODEL POWER OFFERS EXCEPTIONALLY DETAILED BUILDING KITS FOR MODEL RAILROADS AND DIORAMAS.FeaturesNo assemblyRealistic detailsLighted Up
Model Power - Citibank Ho Scale Lighted With 2 Handpainted Figures - 675

Model Power - Citibank Ho Scale Lighted With 2 Handpainted Figures - 675

end_display_feedback_code_window MODEL POWER - CITIBANK HO Scale Lighted With 2 Handpainted Figures - NIB #675 12-16V bulb AC included ATTENTION BUYER...

Ads by Google