Citibank

$150 cashback "Thank You card" scam

Jul 30, 2013 (Updated Jul 30, 2013)
Not yet rated
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Customer Service:
  • Web Site Experience:

Pros:None.

Cons:Dishonest; promises rewards they don't give; website nearly impossible to use; representatives contradict each other.

The Bottom Line: Stay away from Citibank. There is no reason to use it when there are so many better - and honest - credit card companies out there.

The most recent scam from Citibank was offering $150 cashback if people took their "Thank You" card and put at least $1000 on it in the next 3 months. I put over $2000 on it, and it has been much less than three months. This gave me 17,050 points, which should have been worth $170.50, but when I tried to redeem it on the "Thank You" website, found that I could only redeem in increments of 10,000 points - and 10,000 points aren't worth $100 as they are with other cards, but only $50! Finally managed to write to Citibank through their almost impossible-to-use website, and was told that "the value of points was subject to change without notice." They didn't promise a certain number of points, but $150 DOLLARS! So they truly lied, and it was a genuine scam. Is this legal? I am going to report it to the Better Business Bureau and find out.

I also have a problem with their "dividend" card which I've had for about two years. One representative said I would get 2% cashback for everything for the next 3 months, but another told me today that it was only 1%. (And is that one percent or one point per dollar? One point at Citibank is worth only 1/2 cent, not one cent as at other companies.)

There is no reason to take a credit card from this dishonest company, when there are much better (and honest) companies out there, including Chase Freedom (which is giving 5% off on gas this quarter, and I know from experience that they really pay), Bank of America, and Discover (also giving 5% on gas, and the points are easy to redeem for Discover gift cards). Capital One gives 1.5% cashback on everything. I have credit cards from all of them and have never been cheated out of points as I have been by Citibank.

Citibank Canada By Paperback Book (english) Free Shipping

Citibank Canada By Paperback Book (english) Free Shipping

Store Search search Title, ISBN and Author Citibank Canada Estimated delivery 3-12 business days Format Paperback Condition Brand New Details ISBN 613...

Citibank, 1812-1970 (Harvard Studies in Business History)
Brand New, Authentic Citibank Logo Umbrella (new)

Brand New, Authentic Citibank Logo Umbrella (new)

B rand New, Authentic CITIBANK LOGO UMBRELLA (NEW)Brown wood handle. Comes with (cover). Sellebrity Analytics Froo www.froo.com | Froo Cross Sell, Fre...

Model Power - Citibank Ho Scale Lighted With 2 Handpainted Figures - 675

Model Power - Citibank Ho Scale Lighted With 2 Handpainted Figures - 675

end_display_feedback_code_window MODEL POWER - CITIBANK HO Scale Lighted With 2 Handpainted Figures - NIB #675 12-16V bulb AC included ATTENTION BUYER...

Derivatives/Hedging Deals: By Citibank U.S.A Standard Charter Bank U.K Deutsche Bank Germany

Model Power 675 Citibank Building Ho

Model Power 675 Citibank Building Ho

Llighted - 2 figures - in the box NOS NIB

Kritische Analyse der Geschaeftsmethoden der Citibank Privatkunden AG - Pretatory Lending?

Used, Average Condition. May Ship From Overseas, Free Upgrade to Priority Shipping. Diplomarbeit aus dem Jahr 2004 im Fachbereich Soziologie - Sonstig...

Brand New, Perfect Condition. May Ship From Overseas, Free Upgrade to Priority Shipping. Diplomarbeit aus dem Jahr 2004 im Fachbereich Soziologie - So...

Ads by Google