Don't buy the "Money-Back Guarantee"
May 6, 2003 (Updated Aug 6, 2004)
Review by zanderson1977
Rated a Very Helpful Review
UPDATE: As of July 2004, PayPal has tenatively settled a class-action lawsuit dealing with some of their problems, including their "Money-Back Guarantee." So, it's taken a couple years, and the threat of legal remedies, but it seems I might actually get some money back by participating in the settlement class. I will let everyone know if and when I actually see the green.
Recommend this product?
Paypal does do some things very well:
1) Allows you to use a CC to pay for online auctions (mostly at Ebay). They do fill a need here.
2) Allows you to send a Payment Request (bill) to anyone w/ email. They can ignore it, however.
3) IF you register a bank account, you can use monies that are sent to you to pay your CC online, no fee, or pay for another winning auction.
3) Fairly easy interface on the site allows you to see details of and keep track of transactions.
4) Security of financial info seems to be solid, SO FAR.
1) DON'T BUY THE MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE / AUCTION GUARANTEE. It's only good for 30 days (far too short in many cases of problem auctions), doesn't cover damage in shipping (you have to submit a claim to the shipper), doesn't refund money you spend shipping wrong item(s) back to a seller, and if you can indeed make a claim at all, you have to send a HUGE pile of documentation snail mail and wait 5-6 weeks while it is processed. And they sometimes still side with the seller. THIS DOES NOT TAKE THE STING OUT OF A BAD AUCTION, FINANCIALLY OR OTHERWISE. And good luck trying to get a human to check out your problem.
2) You can't accept CC payments from buyers on a no-fee "Personal" account.
3) I really don't like the idea of them having my checking account information, and I may have to "unverify" my account, which will take away the ability to pay my CC with my PayPal balance--not that I have one too often.
4) Until recently, PayPal, even though they function as a financial institution, did not notify people who carried positive balances (or give them accrued interest). No regular statement notices of any kind were sent, good, bad or indifferent, it was up to the customer to check on his or her account.
Share this product review with your friends
This PayPal Here card reader lets you access funds and accept payments directly from your compatible Apple iPhone or iPad , Android smartphone or othe...
The PayPal Here card reader is the simple way to get paid anytime, anywhere. This thumb-sized device and the PayPal app turn the iPad or iPhone into a...
A definitive resource for both PayPal end users and Webmasters covers the entire spectrum of PayPal activities, from how to make purchase or sell with...
Powered by Frooition Pro Shop Search Full Size Image Click to close full size. Click here to view full size. PayPal - Here Card Reader Compatible with...
Accept any form of payment for your business on your smartphone Includes a free app and thumb-sized card reader. Simply open the app on your mobile de...
Brand New, Perfect Condition. May Ship From Overseas, Free Upgrade to Priority Shipping. Here's how PayPal can help your business succeedE-mail money,...
Free Delivery Worldwide : The Paypal Wars : Paperback : Midpoint Trade Books : 9781936488599 : 1936488590 : 31 May 2012 : With a new section on Google...
Buy How I Sued PayPal And Won! by Bezaire,Paul and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Over 3 Milli...
Used, Average Condition. May Ship From Overseas, Free Upgrade to Priority Shipping. Here's how PayPal can help your business succeedE-mail money, save...
200 PAYPAL - EBAY - USPS - UPS - FEDEX CLICK-AND-SHIP LABELS FREE SHIPPING CAN BE USED ON BOTH INKJET AND LASER PRINTERS 100 SHEETS - 2 LABELS PER SHE...