AMICA - Auto

AMICA..What Happened??

May 26, 2000

Pros:None...not customer driven anymore!

Cons:They try to get the maximum premium anyway they can.

We have cancelled all our policies with AMICA due to deceptive practices on their part.

We have had AMICA for Auto, Homeowners, and term life insurance for over 25 years and were pleased with their service and rates up until 3 years ago.

After many years of no (zero)claims, I had a minor accident that involved scraped paint in a parking lot. Because of the totally wrong advice given me by an AMICA agent, it has cost us over $2000 in surcharges etc. for something that should have been repaired for less than $300.

When I complained to a manager, they said they were sorry I was given the wrong advice and there was nothing they could do about it.

They also told me that I should drop full collision on our oldest car to save money. After I did this, I got a call from different AMICA agent telling me that that was a mistake as the older car was not fully covered for its true value and I should reinstate the higher insurance.

At this point I was getting the impression the agents worked on commission (they deny this) and I called again and talked to a another different agent to see what they valued this car. The answer was that the additional insurance they were trying to sell me could never be recouped due to the age/mileage of the car.

In disgust, we dropped all our car insurance with AMICA and went to an independent AAA agent who gave us the same rate and was taken aback at the crazy advice we were getting from AMICA.

When our homeowners insurance came due, AMICA told us that the evaluation on the house was too low, sent out an appraiser, and told us if we didn't pay an additional premium for the higher appraisal, we would not be covered for loss (scare tactics).

Normally (and in the past), I would have taken their word on this and paid the extra premium, but because of our bad experience with the auto policy, I called my AAA insurance agent who sent his own appraiser down.

The AAA appraisal was much lower than the AMICA one and the net result was I cancelled the AMICA homeowners policy and got a much lower deductible policy with extra protection for $200 less a year than AMICA.

I once again spoke to a manager at AMICA who tried the hard sell to get me to return to AMICA, once again denied the agents got an incentive commission to force unneeded coverage, and would not backoff on their inflated appraisal.

Well, thats my AMICA story..by the way I also cancelled my Life Insurance with AMICA.

Origin8 Amica Bike Bell Gold Color

Origin8 Amica Bike Bell Gold Color

ORIGIN8 Amica Bike Bell Gold Color Melodic resonant sound, Compact lightweight design, Swivel dinger, High pitch sound, Brass Welcome to Peloton Hustl...

Grim Gambit (Amica Saga #2) eBook

Grim Gambit (Amica Saga #2) eBook

Buy Grim Gambit (Amica Saga #2) by Richard S. Tuttle and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Over 3...
Kobo eBooks

Avenging Shadow (Amica Saga #1) eBook

Avenging Shadow (Amica Saga #1) eBook

Buy Avenging Shadow (Amica Saga #1) by Richard S. Tuttle and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Ov...
Kobo eBooks

Auto Shade - Single Standard

Auto Shade - Single Standard

Single layer Standard Size Auto Shade
Custom Auto Crews

Auto7 Radiator - 340-0051

Auto7 Radiator - 340-0051

Product Features:Original Equipment Quality PartsMade in KoreaManufactured by ISO-14000, QS-9000, or ISO/TS-16949 certified suppliers. Most Radiators ...
Advance Auto Parts

Auto Bag

Auto Bag

This auto bag fits perfectly in the trunk or under the back seat of your car. In the back pocket has a folding floor mat. This durable bag has the wor...
Auto Metal Direct Fender X200-3570-r

Auto Metal Direct Fender X200-3570-r

Auto Metal Direct Fender, Front Outer, Passenger Side, Steel, Black EDP Coated, Chevy, Each Please hover mouse to enlarge image Auto Metal Direct Fend...

Auto navigation kit - mounting kit

Garmin Auto navigation kit - Mounting kit - for Colorado 300 400c 400i 400t Dakota 20 Oregon 200 300 400c 400i 400t
MacMall