SelectQuote

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Disappointed with SelectQuote Senior

Feb 21, 2012

Pros:Acted friendly initially.

Cons:Poorly informed, response time not very good.

The Bottom Line: Their concept makes sense but the service I got was poor.

I used their service to find a Medicare supplement plan.  I feel that they let me down.

Their rep did not tell me about a deadline for the price he quoted. I wanted that deal and he told me to sign up online at the insurer's (Mutual of Omaha's) site. I tried but it did not work with my browser. I tried another browser and it still did not work!

I got in touch with SelectQuote and they said they would sign me up via fax. Unfortunately, it took about 2 days to to fax everything back and forth because a page did not go through the first time. The result was that Mutual of Omaha billed me for a difference between the price I was quoted and their supposed rate.

After a week of unanswered emails and phone messages, Selectquote let me know that I had missed a deadline, which even they were not aware existed! Shouldn't they have known there was a deadline and made an effort to help me meet it? It wasn't my fault the online form was limited to a specific browser, and if they had told me the deadline I probably could have found a way to sign up directly with Mutual of Omaha.

The difference in price is $16 a month for the next two years.  This adds up to hundreds of dollars so I am unhappy.